The Perfect Lover | Teen Ink

The Perfect Lover

January 12, 2015
By KristenW BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia
KristenW BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was another typical night in Winston-Salem and a new place had just opened so the guys and I decided to give it a try. Best. Decision. Ever. There were beautiful women everywhere. July 13, 1937 is the day I fell in love. It was love at first sight. I have to admit my mouth started to water the first time I saw her. Her perfect curves and flawless skin, I had never seen anyone like her.


She was shy and reserved so our relationship status was “it’s complicated” until 1944. I of course wanted to tell everyone and show her off. As soon as she let me I updated my status to “in a relationship.” The word spread and everyone came to see her beautiful physique. The relationship was like nothing I had ever experienced. I would pick her up every morning and we would spend the whole day together. She always had on an extravagant outfit. But my favorite was the original one she was wearing the day I met her.


Her father’s death in 1973 was very tragic. Vernon Rudolph will never be forgotten but she had to move out of Winston to get away. In 1989, she packed up her stuff and moved to Greensboro, NC. She found a cute house on High Point Road. Sadly I couldn’t afford to move to Greensboro to be with her, but managed to go visit every weekend. Around February of 2000 I noticed she was changing. Valentines’ day was coming up and I had gotten the whole week off to spend with her. But she had changed. She had lost her perfect curves. Her body was more of a heart shape now. I just told myself she was getting festive for the holidays. And I was right! Valentines’ Day passed and she returned to her normal self. But these changes happened around every holiday; Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, all of them.


We had both dreamed of living in Roanoke, VA and starting a family. I finally saved up enough money for us to move! The location on Melrose Avenue was a perfect start for us. Unfortunately we had a house fire costing $100,000 in damage. We couldn’t afford to rebuild and had to move back to Winston-Salem. In November of 2014 our dream of living in Roanoke was going to come true! On November 11, 2014 we moved onto Hershberger Road. The perfect location! The house was 3,400 square feet. Enough room to have 50 of our new friends over for a party every day! People lined up out the door and around the house to get in. We finally got married and she took my last name, changing her name to Krispy Kreme. We were having over 200 dozen kids a day! Her beautiful glaze was always perfectly laid on her. When the hot light came on more people got in line to meet their own true love.


Every day people buy boxes of Vernon Rudolph’s creation of Krispy Kreme donuts. Mouths begin to water as they watch them slowly move along the conveyer belt to be boxed up for them to take home. Each donut melts in your mouth. You’ll never want to put her down. Krispy Kreme didn’t make it in Roanoke the first go around, but baby it’s booming now! Buy them by the dozen, its love at first sight. I’ll always love Krispy Kreme’s curves and all her edges, all her perfect imperfections, and so will you. She’s a must have.


The author's comments:

"Krispy Kreme Doughnuts." Krispy Kreme. N.p., n.d. Web. 08        Jan. 2015.


"Let the Donuts Flow, Krispy Kreme Back in Roanoke."                  Wdbj7.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Jan. 2015.


"Roanoke's New Krispy Kreme to Open Nov. 11."                           Www.roanoke.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 08 Jan. 2015.