What Is Love? | Teen Ink

What Is Love?

September 9, 2014
By Anonymous

Today in class I was asked a somewhat basic question: What is love?

Love, to me, is those tiny, fluttering butterflies that live in your stomach when they look at you, love is driving to a fast food restaurant strictly to get a medium sweet tea (extra lemon), love is holding your hand in the truck on the way to rent RedBox movies, love is a forehead kiss while watching your favorite TV show, love is setting your pride aside when you know you’ve lost an argument, love is overlooking their past while showing optimism for your future, love is driving around at night wasting gas and looking at the sky, love is lazy days on the lake bass fishing, love is morning breath accompanied by a good morning kiss, love is breaking down and being big spoon, love is Camel menthols mixed with cologne, love is looking at car pictures on Instagram and pretending to be interested, love is fully trusting someone with your heart and soul, love is two-stepping in the garage to your favorite song at 2 AM, love is a hello hug on Fridays and a goodbye kiss on Sundays, love is a FaceTime at 11 to say goodnight, love is a good morning text, love is a simple like on Instagram and a retweet on Twitter, love is fully losing yourself in another person, love is pretending to leave just to have your significant other chase you down, love is being whiney, love is being appreciative, love is sharing your inner most thoughts, love is deciding that no matter what life gives you know you want to take on the challenge with them, love is fully admitting that out of 7 billion people you have found the one person you want to spend your crazy, beautiful, terrifying, messy life with. That is what love is to me.