not a box of chocolates | Teen Ink

not a box of chocolates

March 12, 2012
By Anonymous

it isn't always boy meets girl, girl loves boy, boy loves girl, and they all live happily ever after. sometimes, it turns into boy meets girl, girl loves boy, boy meets other girl, and breaks the first girls heart. people can be heartless, not realizing they can hurt someone so badly. why can't these people see the tears streaming down the other person's face, why do they just walk on by when they see them alone in the hallway at school or on the street? is it so hard to actually care, is it so hard to at least pretend they ever had some feelings for that person? some people say that life is like a box of chocolates because you never know what you are going to get, but i think life is like a box filled with pictures, some are brightly colored and happy, and others are black and cold. chocolate is to sweet to represent the world, because even if it tastes bad, it's still chocolate. hearts are broken everyday, we see it all around us. the people that are heartless enough to not even try to do their best not to hurt the other person, isn't a person worth falling for. life is like a box of pictures, but love is like a box of tissues.