being single

Imagine being surrounded by couples everywhere holding hands sharing love in that most annoying affectionate way. Single in my opinion one of the worst things but yet one of the best. When your not in a relationship all you ever see in your mind are people surrounded you that are in love and it makes you sick that those couples are all over each other.YUCK! Yet, how can we say this when we are pretty much the same way when were with someone ? Simple it's a combination of things. First,would be envy you envy them for the very thing you don't have and probably wish you did have. Second,is sorrow your still going through the break up pains and your like OMG! everyone has someone to be with . Finally,loneliness you just wish you had someone sometimes you just wish it so you wouldn't be alone anymore because being alone really does suck at times. Yet, what are the good reasons for being single? I can only think of one and that is freedom. Don't get me wrong relationships are amazing when your in them,but when your out of a relationship you just feel so relieved you don't have to think about how someone will feel about everything you do. I love being with someone,but I just can't stand someone to be around twenty-four seven eventually I know they would get on my nerves.So take it how you will ,but for me relationships are fun and all until someone gets hurt.

...Travis... This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like it, you make some good points. I myself have poems about love and relationships if you're interested. But I will say some of your sentences could use some simple punctuation (I.e. Commas).. Other than that I like how it's short and to the point, yet descriptive.