What is Love | Teen Ink

What is Love

By doubletterb SILVER, Granville, Ohio
doubletterb SILVER, Granville, Ohio

if you can accheive nothing more acheive satisfaction for yourself.

What is love? Is it the emotional satisfaction, or is it more physical satisfaction. Is love nothing more than a material good that can be bought? For some people they find true love and are happy. Others get married or fall (forced) into love due to things like kids, or debt, or other factors. Love over the years has lost its value. Many things have changed since the old days. But if “Love never fails” why are there an ever increasing number of divorces. Love is not what it used to be unless you find someone in your life that you can honestly say you would die for. Because truly as long as their happy in the arms of another if you really love the person you should be able to be happy knowing your love is happy. Love is about blood sweat and ears to obtain what your ultimate goal should be. Love.

on Oct. 7 2010 at 11:58 am
Chacharoo BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

"I love you."

Wow, you have a good point. I love it how you said "Love has lost it's value over the years" because it is so so true!

I believe true love is when you KNOW, absolutely know, in your mind and in your heart, that you would give up your life for someone. You'd be willing to die for someone. You are ready and willing to live the rest of your life with someone. Even though I'm probably a while away from marriage, I have been thinking about it hard... love HAS lost it's value. Love nowadays is physical satisfaction. It's happiness in touching each other and being with each other. THAT is why so many relationships fall apart. I find SO many people "love" because of the satisfaction they can get out of it... I hate that. I wish people really saw what real love was. Whole-hearted love.

Thanks for posting this!