My Definition of Love | Teen Ink

My Definition of Love

By fameinsanity SILVER, Staten Island, New York
fameinsanity SILVER, Staten Island, New York

There’s a big difference between passion and love. It sounds stupid, but everything in life is a different color.

Passion is like the color red - fiery, exciting, and alive. When one is passionate about someone, the emotion you feel is almost like being burnt by fire - it hits you physically, mentally, and emotionally. However, the burn is usually temporary. Thus said, relationships don’t last on passion alone.

On the other hand, love is like the color white - pure, flawless, and natural. True love is subdued and can’t be proven by the amount of affection you give and receive, nor the amount of time you spend with your boyfriend or girlfriend. No matter how much time has passed or how long the distance, true love will always exist between two people. Love is a truth that can’t be proven but just exists, kind of like the universe itself. It’s unconditional in every sense of the world - once you love someone, your love for them will always exist.

When do we know for sure when we really love someone?

classicStara PLATINUM, Potomac, Maryland
i like this, and i wish people knew the difference between lust and love, because some people are only together for the lust, and i dont think thats the right way to go

Kristina Hobbs GOLD, Prineville, Oregon
i believe in love as the color purple. its when you lust for someones mind. you love how they treat you and you love what they love. purple is the immediate love you have for someone, you love their body and soul and it makes you hot and in love at the same time. ive experinced purple love once...it was nice, but very rare. i do love your opinions though, :]

hrf1434 GOLD said...
hrf1434 GOLD, Collierville, Tennessee

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

I love your defanitin keep writing