5 Signs You've Been Replaced

1. THE INSIDE JOKES

So, originally, you and your best buddy were all laughing with random things that meant nothing to anyone else. If all of a sudden you see your best friend dancing like a freak and speaking in some unreal language with a new person, it's time to get your pick axe ready: the avalanche is coming.

EMERGENCY SIGN: The avalanche has begun if the jokes are about you...and they're more than playful.

2. THE FRIDAY NIGHT STORIES

You and your friend used to spend nearly every Friday night together, eating popcorn and watching craptacular movies. Suddenly, you find yourself alone, and your insensitive, ignorant friend starts talking about their awesome, fun night with their new buddypal in front of you. At this point, I hope you're wearing your hardhat, because the rocks are beginning to fall.

EMERGENCY SIGN: You know you're in danger if suddenly your friend is busy each and every week.

3. THE SLEEPOVER REJECTION

Say you're having a sleepover with your friend and their new friend. Or maybe you're paired with them in science class or whatever; I'm too lazy to go into detail about more than one example. If your friends are off in the corner giggling and being stupid without you, and you're on your laptop writing articles about the signs of being replaced, then you know something's up. Tie yourself to the nearest tree; the rocks are hitting you hard.

EMERGENCY SIGN: If THEY have a party and don't invite you, don't hold your breath the friendship of yours will last.

4. THE LOOP YOU'VE BEEN DRAWN OUT OF

You haven't talked to either of your friends in forever. You have no idea what the heck is going on in their lives. One day, you finally talk to one of them and you casually ask about the other friend's lives. If they flood your head with news and information about the latest happenings of your other friend, then you know they've probably been talking and haven't taken the time to call you. I mean, sure, you could have called them, but if they didn't answer, get ready. Hope you brought your safety goggles, because the avalanche is going to blind you like the sun.

EMERGENCY SIGN: They suddenly know more about your friend than you do...could be a coincidence, but it's hard not to feel like the third wheel.

5. BEING IGNORED ISN'T BLISS

There comes a day in all friendships where it just...ends. I hate to be the total downer here, but the truth hurts. (I'm not mean; I'm honest. ;) So, if all the signs above have been happening to you, brace yourself. Chances are you're the new third wheel; or even worse: the old best friend. But, seriously, don't worry. Hate to get all Oprah on you here, but if someone who you were so close to is going to replace you so easily, they weren't worth your time in the first place. So the avalanche will hit, but it will end. You'll make it out okay.

Alex said...
today at 12:41 pm
My best friend is a guy and we have been friends since we were 14. He is a very friendly and a nice guy and is popular among all other people in my school. Since 6 months back he is being ignoring me as if I'm useless to him now and is hanging out with another girl who is a friend of mine. They do stuff together like take pictures, play together, plan hangouts. But he's not even bothered to invite me. He is caring so much about her and whenever she's in a problem like a fight w... (more »)

Hello said...
May 8 at 5:24 pm
Me and my friend have been friends since kindergarten we use to spend every day together I am in 8 th grade and she has a new friend I was fine with them hanging out but now they go to the park every day for 3 hours and she never sees me anymore and I feel replaced like she doesn’t care about me anymore and my birthday is in 5 days and I think she is only coming to my party just so she can go to the place we are going to but we are having a sleepover the night before but I feel like she’s no... (more »)

Ruth replied...
May 12 at 9:07 pm
My dear, I know this kind of experience hurts, and actually, even adults feel hurt when it happens to them. This kind of experience is so well-known in every corner of the world. It does not have to mean that the other friend is cool or something special. She is just new and mayby the activity they do together in park might be more attractive than the person itself ( do they spend time on their own or in a larger group?). What you should know is that you will find yourself a new friend soon. An... (more »)

Ruth replied...
May 12 at 9:07 pm

Micky415 said...
Apr. 11 at 1:56 pm
I have a similar problem too :( It's complicated, but basically we were best friends throughout all of our childhood and high school. Now we are in college and she made a new "best friend." The worst part is that she pushed me out so fast and without any "signs" or warnings. Like one day we were normal, having fun and talking to each other about deep stuff. The very next day, she made a new "best friend" and things were never the same again. We are roommates right now, but she barely acknowledge... (more »)

donnaxd said...
Jan. 19 at 7:19 pm
I have the bestest friends in the whole world, but things started to change when this other girl suddenly wealed her way into the picture. This girl and I had a rough past, and she was a toxic controlling friend. According to my bestie, she's "changed" and that she hangs out with us because she doesn't have many friends. Here's the thing, when this girl and I were "besties" she would ditch me for the "popular" girls. Now my best frends are slowly fading from my life all because of this one girl!... (more »)

Mermaid replied...
Jan. 22 at 8:06 pm
I have a similar problem. My best friend started dating my ex after I had been with him for almost all of sophomore year. This hurts me even though I want to be happy for her. What also sucks is that my ex is in my friend group. It is so awkward to be there now so I just made an entirely new friend group and I've started to shut out my best friend until she comes back to me because I was/am the one she goes to when she needs someone to lean on. So basically, my advice is, just wait for you... (more »)

Mermaid replied...
Jan. 22 at 8:06 pm

Cars said...
May 23, 2017 at 7:26 am
Ok so I have this best friend I have known since I was in 3rd grade( I'm in 6th), let's just call her A. We would do everything together. This year was her last year at the school. Everything was going great, but when we went to Natures Classroom, everything kinda started to change. She stopped hanging out with me. Because we weren't in the same room, she became closer with someone else, (let's call her K). So after we got back and it was April break, me and A stop texting. W... (more »)

coco said...
So this new girl has become bffs with my bff and i feel really lonely. Cause when i watch then i see how happy they are. I remember when we used to be like that. Now all my friend does is talk about her. I dont know what to do. And i told my friend that we are not talking a alot anymore and she just say bye. Do u think we should still be friends?

Zaani said...
i can surely relate...by a lot

yeoja.sm said...
Wow, lately I've noticed this happening to me. It's my freshman year in high school and she's the only one I had. Known her since 6th grade and we were best friends until she met new people. I'm not great in groups and I tend to prefer enjoying conversations one on one. Whenever there's a group, I'm the one who's third wheeling or heck even fourth wheeling! I guess I'm a pretty easy person to replace considering that fact that I find myself boring, shy, and surprise! I suffer from social anxiety... (more »)

Jess said...
Nov. 20, 2016 at 8:43 am
How do I get through this? She is my only friend and she's the only one I trust. I moved schools recently and I feel like she doesn't need me anymore. It used to be just us two. Now I'm out of the social loop. I'm scared to face the truth but what if I'm just dragging her down? Help me.

Iman1 replied...
Jan. 11, 2017 at 11:52 am
Actually I'm in the same situation My best friend moved to another And it was sad because we didn't have time to say bye to each other. When she left , she promised me that we will talk every,nothing will change between us and we will still the best friend forever. 1months it's was okay , we were texting every day 2months it's was different , we were talking 2days per week After that she talked to me and said she want to be best friend with one girl Now she doesn't ... (more »)

IMightBeAReplacement said...
Omg, yess! My so called best friend (lets name her sally) would always do things with me in the summer. ever since I quit band, shes been hanging out with my other best friend (lets name her betty) that i would swim and play tennis with, and she was also in band. Sally, Betty, and I were really close, when I was in Band. Ever since I quit, Betty and Sally have been telling me how much fun they've been having at each others houses literally every weekend. :( Sad to say, friendships don't last. I... (more »)

Neelie said...
Sept. 2, 2016 at 2:00 am
OH MY GOD! SAME! Literally my so called "best friend" have literally talk day and night not stop our streak got to idk 93 but just a few days ago she started talking to a girl lets call her Lucy in history me and my "best friend" let's call her Cara have our last to classes together accelerated English and history and we sit next to eachother in both classes (haha SIKE) I walk in shortly behind Cara this one day in social studies and j see her pointing at MY seat and say... (more »)

SugarPlum13 said...
I'm so confused the i think the closest person in my life, the one that u consider a sister to me is doing this to me. I don't know how to tell her. But now I know that maybe she got tired of being my need sister and needs someone else...

replacedperson123 said...
whoop whoop :) -\

piercetheallie said...
Mar. 20, 2016 at 9:43 am
This has been happening to me. My "best friend" will pretty much hang out with anybody but me and she never asks me to hang out. I don't ask anymore because I know that she's probably hanging out with somebody else.

shae96 replied...
feel the same way.