Same Sex Love | Teen Ink

Same Sex Love

Love. One word that means so much. A word that doesn't discriminate against anybody. A word that sweeps people off their feet, male and female alike. With that said why is love between the same sex taboo? Love doesn't discriminate, and we all deserve to be happy. Same sex couples should be able to express their love to each other without fear of harrasement, or physical harm. True some people will say that it is against the bible and it just isn't "acceptable". These people should be reminded that America was founded on being free from having to conform to society. I think that we as American's have forgotten that fact. I think we also forgot the 5 most important words in America, "All men are created equal." This is not holding true today. In my opinion, the government should not be able to dictate who should love who. It is our choice. So all in all, love knows no discrimination against anybody for any reason. I hope that America can soon come to this realization sooner rather than later.

I was inspired to write this because I myself am gay and face harrasement for that fact. I want to let everyone know that gays are still people too and they deserve to walk down the streets of their town and hold hands, kiss, go out to lunch and not be afraid of whether or not they will be physically or mentally abused. I hope that the people that read this article will be open-minded and raise awareness in a positive manner.