What happened to your love? | Teen Ink

What happened to your love?

By wiinga BRONZE, Kwigillingok, Alaska
wiinga BRONZE, Kwigillingok, Alaska

Never give up, no matter what you go through.-Anonymous

To my boyfriend, :’(

Why? Why do I feel like I am not good enough for you anymore, after all those times you said you truly love me? I have been asking myself that question for the past couple of weeks. “Why?” I have done everything to show that I truly love you. I gave my all to you and yet I feel this way. Now I wonder if I made the wrong choice by loving you. I still love you, but am I not good enough for you? Are my actions of love not enough for you?

You have said that I am the only girl for you. Now I have tears in my eyes because you have changed instantly and unexpectedly. What happened to your love for me? What went wrong between us? What? Why did you make me believe that you will always love me when you are going to pay no attention to me? Why did you ask me to marry you?

You made me think that we are perfect for each other with all your actions of love. You showed that you cared (or at least I thought you did) then suddenly, there was nothing. You have not talked to me for almost a month now and have been completely ignoring me. What did I do wrong? What made you do this? I know we have not broke up but you’re making it feel like we did. You have never done this before for the whole 2 and a half years that we have been together and now you are doing it all of a sudden. What went wrong?

This pain is too much for me to bear. You have not talked to me for what seems like years instead of weeks without a reason (I believe). You know you have told me so many times that you love me. You told me that you want to marry me and you even gave me a ring! We were happy together even on that last time we talked to each other, but how come you are now acting like you don’t love me? Were all those times you said you love me just lies? Were you just pretending?
I thought we were like that song “Truly Madly Deeply.” You were my dream, you were my wish, you were my fantasy, you were my hope, you were my love, and everything that I need. I loved you more with every breath truly, madly, and deeply. I was strong and I was faithful. I wanted to stand with you on a mountain, I wanted to bathe with you in the sea and I wanted to lay with you forever until the sky fell down on me. You told me yourself that you don’t want to ever lose me. I thought we were meant for each other. What happened?
I know that many people say that teenage love doesn’t exist but I thought we had proved them wrong when we fell in love with each other when I was 17. I was so in love with you and I still love you and I know you were in love with me too! You told me yourself! You weren’t like the other guys I had been with and I thought you were the one. I know because we have been talking about marriage nonstop! What happened to that? I know we are practically adults! I am 19 and you are 20, but by doing this to me, you are acting like you are not! All of a sudden you don’t want to talk to me! But why do I still love you? I don’t think I can never stop loving you and it hurts! I now cry every night wishing you didn’t do this! It was so unexpected and I never thought it would happen!
Sincerely (with tears in my eyes)
Me, someone who loves you too much to let go.

What inspired me to write this is the song “Truly Madly Deeply” by Cascada because that’s how my boyfriend and I were like until recently. I don’t even know why that love we had seems like it vanished into thin air.

cheydoll<3 said...
I can totally relate to this, almost exactly..

wiinga BRONZE said...
on Jun. 11 2010 at 1:05 am
wiinga BRONZE, Kwigillingok, Alaska

I just posted that piece i told you about..the one that kinda relates to your piece....its on here already so check it out if you would like

jasmineb BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
I am loving this!! You really explained how u felt and im sorry that u had to go thru that. keep up the good work. and thanks for the comment you left.

wiinga BRONZE said...
wiinga BRONZE, Kwigillingok, Alaska

oh yeah and he didnt cheat...he was just like NOT talking to me for no reason....like he had some problems with his family....but i know that was no reason to not talk to me....he made me feel so lonely when he did that...i am so ....argh....idk......im just tryna get over that....

wiinga BRONZE said...
wiinga BRONZE, Kwigillingok, Alaska

yeah thanks....but we have been together for 3 years and this was the first time he did this...its so hard to leave him...i am so confused! 

Lissypiggy said...
OMG! NEVER trust a cheater or a liar or a guy who is clearly NO good for you...don't take him back... once a cheater, liar, ect. alway one. You are way too good for him and if he didn't see that the first time then he doesn't appreciate you...please...I'm begging you, for your own good DON'T take him back.

wiinga BRONZE said...
wiinga BRONZE, Kwigillingok, Alaska

thanks for the encouragement! but anyways he started talking to me again and he wouldnt stop apoligizing..but i still dont know what to do about him...he said he wouldnt do this again but i am so confused....

Anonymousme GOLD, San Antonio, Texas

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so whoever believes in hill will not die but have eternal life.

Dreams are what make us who we are, a life without dreams is like a life without air.

WOW. Seems like your really broken. But the good news is that all you need is God to live and love. Pray and ask him to help you get over this guy who obviously isn't good enough for you because he doesn't see that your awesome! You have plenty of time before you get married. My motto is: Don't date until your ready to get married. It just breaks hearts. You can get through this girl. And this time wait to date...