Virgin Lips | Teen Ink

Virgin Lips

By grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah

When you learn to die, you learn to live - Morrie

V.L. Stands for Virgin Lips. It’s a term that should be far more widespread and is the status your lips should hold for more than the first ten years of your life. People don’t seem to realize that once you give your first kiss away, there's no going back. Once you give it, it's gone for life. No over-sized eraser can fade the marks of crimson lipstick. This applies not just to the virginity of your lips, but of your body... When you start young, you end young. No refunds. No exchanges. Final sale; take it or leave it. Once it's gone, it's gone. Forever. When learning this lesson in life, you get no second chances, just one shot. Take it or leave it? I choose to leave it. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm waiting until marriage, waiting for Love. True Love. Not the deception of Lust, Love's shadow; she who wanders dingy streets, ambling with outstretched hands, ever-searching for something clean and pure to defile with her filthy hands... Sugar has a substitute: Splenda; glasses have a substitute: contacts; Guitar Hero has a substitute: Rock Band! But when it comes to Love, there is no substitute. So save your lovin’ for the one you really love, the one who you’ll spend the rest of your life with. And hey, no worries!—you’ll have ample time to practice kissing when you have the rest of your life to do so.

I'm not possessed, but rather obsessed. ;D No, I'm really neither of the two. I just don't believe in sex outside of marriage. Although that may sound crazy to you, and as abstract as that may sound, I believe in it wholeheartedly, and wish to share this message with the world. Most people don't believe in virginity or chastity of the mind or body anymore, and I just wanted to stand up and say that I do. I believe it like a religion!I dearly hope I didn't offend or anger anyone with my opinion. Take what you like from my words.
peace out!

on Aug. 17 2010 at 5:07 pm
pageturner PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

It's okay to daydream.. just as long as you get to do some of those daydreams.

I agree with you on making  sure to wait for someone you love before sex. But I don't really agree with you on waiting till marriage. I'm not saying people should have lots of sex, but how do you know you're really compatible with someone until you really get close to someone?

Amieee said...
on Aug. 17 2010 at 8:17 am
i agree, the way you write it is real convincing, and it's good~ and yes, i haven't kissed anyone yet and i'm waiting for sb special enough and i do NOT believe in sex before marriage

on Jul. 29 2010 at 5:32 pm
forgottenpenname GOLD, Troy, Michigan

"Carpe diem."

Beautifully written piece! I agree on waiting until marriage to lose your virginity, but I have a bit of a different view on kissing. I think you shouldn't kiss until you're in a more serious relationship, yes, but I don't hold it nearly as sacred as sex... and to tell you the truth, I had my first kiss back in kindergarten with the boy who lived next door. We didn't mean it in any way romantically -- we had just seen our babysitter making out with her bf on the couch a lot so we wanted to see what was so enjoyable about it. (We found it to be boring and stupid, by the way. :P) But yeah. Anyway. :P Awesome article and keep writing! I hope you've influenced some people for the better, with this! :)

julliet said...
on Jul. 27 2010 at 7:55 pm

i agree with waiting till marriage to actually experience pleasure..but kisses arent that bad.if you dont want to open your legs a sweet kiss on the lips will do when you get your bf

on Jul. 26 2010 at 3:32 pm
magic-esi PLATINUM, Hyde Park, New York

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

Awesome article! I completely agree and love the way you put it. This should be a Public Service Announcement!

on Jul. 22 2010 at 12:09 pm
Hannahgee6 BRONZE, Greensburg, Kentucky

therefore do not worry about tomorrow. for tomorrow will worry about itself. each day has enough trouble of its own.
-jesus

i agree with you completly. i will not have sex befor marriage. promise you that.

on Jul. 4 2010 at 12:26 am
miranda_n BRONZE, Anchorage, Alaska
Anyone like Billy Joel? Everyone should look up Only The Good Die Young :)

on Jun. 24 2010 at 9:01 am
OneAndOnly GOLD, Co.Kildare , Ireland, Other

Live life.

i remember my first kiss. Where i  live, you don't have V.L you're called a Fridgit. It's horrible & puts you down if you're the last of your friends, which i was! I had my first kiss with my first boyfriend in the cinema. I think your first kiss has to be with someone you care about & vise versa!

on Jun. 21 2010 at 11:40 pm
yourloveismydrugg, Kingston, Washington

"Friends are like four leaf clovers, hard to find and lucky to have"

Thank you for sharing your opinion. i had my first kiss when i was in 7th grade, and i really wish i could take it back. but i know i cant. im in 9th grade now and i actually fell in love. i wish my first kiss could have been with the boy i love. my first and last kiss ending with the same person. even though i cant go by that i hope other people will. because when you kiss a guy, they are just going to mess with you, and throw around the word 'love'. i think you should wait, until you truly are in love, no matter how old.

grasslova GOLD said...
on May. 28 2010 at 4:27 pm
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah

Wow! You summed up my article nicely! ;) Yes, I completely agree! Friendship is the foundation of love--not vice versa. That's incredible that you have figured that out too :) I'm totally with ya man.

grasslova GOLD said...
on May. 28 2010 at 4:24 pm
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah

Wow! That's amazing that you are that open to speaking your beliefs! I totally respect that, :) because that's what I strive to do too. Right on! Keep it up!

grasslova GOLD said...
on May. 28 2010 at 4:22 pm
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah

Right! And I totally respect that! :) Truly. Everyone's life is different, and everyone learns things in diverse ways. Kissing isn't bad--by any means! When the time is right, it will happen. I simply choose to do other things with my time. :)

grasslova GOLD said...
on May. 28 2010 at 4:19 pm
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah

Another fellow painter! :) Right on!

Heck yea! VL is totally fine! You dont have to rush, though many do. I believe that friendship is the foundation of love. Without it, a kiss is simply passion--deviod of any real feeling. :) So dont worry about saving yourself. All things come naturally, and in their own due time. Thanks for your comment! :)

grasslova GOLD said...
on May. 28 2010 at 4:13 pm
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah

Ha ha! Nice! Did you make that one up? Esta muy bien!

grasslova GOLD said...
on May. 28 2010 at 4:12 pm
grasslova GOLD, Highland, Utah

agreed--there is always a time and a place for everything! It's different for everybody. When and where that is, is up to each of us, individualy. We each lead our own lives, have our own opinions and express ourselved in different ways. :) I'm just expressing myself in order to help others do the same. Thank you for your feed back, :) much appriciated.

on May. 23 2010 at 4:04 pm
pencilsFORhands SILVER, Boston, Massachusetts

im 14.... super shy...never been kissed.... this guy in my grade almost did in the artroom when I was painting but I'm glad I pulled back. thnx for letting me now that my VL status is ok!!!!!!

p.s: check owt mi stuff!

Bethani GOLD said...
on May. 21 2010 at 7:30 pm
Bethani GOLD, Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Life is perfect until you sit back and realize how boring it is without risks.

I respect your beliefs. However, it's hard for many of us teens not to kiss someone we date or like. I have had one boyfriend kiss me and it was special. We're still good friends. I believe kisses should only be acceptable after dating for a bit. not until then. 

on May. 21 2010 at 12:12 pm
xXxfantasyxXx BRONZE, Seadrift, Texas

"we are hurt, simply to make us stronger" "you don't know, you can never be sure, you just take the plunge"-movie called, "Imagine Me an You"

i love this it's amazing! the guy who was my first kiss was glad he was my first kiss :) very true indeed

on May. 21 2010 at 9:51 am
JimBobWow BRONZE, Temple, Pennsylvania

Life is tough but you got take one step at a time to get through it.

I've had my first kiss when i was 13. Me and that guy hate each other now. I absolutly loved that kiss and i always will. We both havent forgotten about it. That was my first kiss and now i dont know how im suppose to kiss anymore. I never want that kiss to fade away. Bruce. My first kiss. (:

brenda said...
on May. 7 2010 at 1:33 am
kissing is like riding a bicycle, the first time  is special, but after that you dont really think about it... and thats a fact!