Virgin Lips

V.L. Stands for Virgin Lips. It’s a term that should be far more widespread and is the status your lips should hold for more than the first ten years of your life. People don’t seem to realize that once you give your first kiss away, there's no going back. Once you give it, it's gone for life. No over-sized eraser can fade the marks of crimson lipstick. This applies not just to the virginity of your lips, but of your body... When you start young, you end young. No refunds. No exchanges. Final sale; take it or leave it. Once it's gone, it's gone. Forever. When learning this lesson in life, you get no second chances, just one shot. Take it or leave it? I choose to leave it. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm waiting until marriage, waiting for Love. True Love. Not the deception of Lust, Love's shadow; she who wanders dingy streets, ambling with outstretched hands, ever-searching for something clean and pure to defile with her filthy hands... Sugar has a substitute: Splenda; glasses have a substitute: contacts; Guitar Hero has a substitute: Rock Band! But when it comes to Love, there is no substitute. So save your lovin’ for the one you really love, the one who you’ll spend the rest of your life with. And hey, no worries!—you’ll have ample time to practice kissing when you have the rest of your life to do so.

justwannabeme said...
Jul. 22, 2010 at 12:09 pm:
i agree with you completly. i will not have sex befor marriage. promise you that.

miranda_n said...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 12:26 am:
Anyone like Billy Joel? Everyone should look up Only The Good Die Young :)

BrandNewEyes said...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 9:01 am:
i remember my first kiss. Where i  live, you don't have V.L you're called a Fridgit. It's horrible & puts you down if you're the last of your friends, which i was! I had my first kiss with my first boyfriend in the cinema. I think your first kiss has to be with someone you care about & vise versa!

9_little_ripples This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 23, 2010 at 4:04 pm:

im 14.... super shy...never been kissed.... this guy in my grade almost did in the artroom when I was painting but I'm glad I pulled back. thnx for letting me now that my VL status is ok!!!!!!

p.s: check owt mi stuff!

grasslova replied...
May 28, 2010 at 4:19 pm :

Another fellow painter! :) Right on!

Heck yea! VL is totally fine! You dont have to rush, though many do. I believe that friendship is the foundation of love. Without it, a kiss is simply passion--deviod of any real feeling. :) So dont worry about saving yourself. All things come naturally, and in their own due time. Thanks for your comment! :)

Bethani said...
May 21, 2010 at 7:30 pm:
I respect your beliefs. However, it's hard for many of us teens not to kiss someone we date or like. I have had one boyfriend kiss me and it was special. We're still good friends. I believe kisses should only be acceptable after dating for a bit. not until then. 

grasslova replied...
May 28, 2010 at 4:22 pm :
Right! And I totally respect that! :) Truly. Everyone's life is different, and everyone learns things in diverse ways. Kissing isn't bad--by any means! When the time is right, it will happen. I simply choose to do other things with my time. :)

xXxfantasyxXx said...
May 21, 2010 at 12:12 pm:
i love this it's amazing! the guy who was my first kiss was glad he was my first kiss :) very true indeed

JimBobWow said...
May 21, 2010 at 9:51 am:
I've had my first kiss when i was 13. Me and that guy hate each other now. I absolutly loved that kiss and i always will. We both havent forgotten about it. That was my first kiss and now i dont know how im suppose to kiss anymore. I never want that kiss to fade away. Bruce. My first kiss. (:

brenda said...
May 7, 2010 at 1:33 am:
kissing is like riding a bicycle, the first time  is special, but after that you dont really think about it... and thats a fact!

grasslova replied...
May 28, 2010 at 4:13 pm :
Ha ha! Nice! Did you make that one up? Esta muy bien!

Everhart said...
I love you for writing this. I totally agree. Save it for the one you'll be with forever.

Taylahh said...
I loved this! :D I used to be abstinent, but then...idk what happened. :( Not trying to bring religion into this but the Bible says that virginity is a gift to be exchanged in marriage. Between a HUSBAND and WIFE.

seekingFaith replied...
Aug. 17, 2010 at 9:27 pm :
here here!!! preach!!! :D

MangoMadness replied...
Nov. 27, 2010 at 4:44 pm :
I am aware of that, but if you'll forgive the reminder, the bible was written, like, a bajillion years a go by a bunch of olf guys, and what was acceptble then wasn't always what is acceptable now. People MARRIED back then at about 12 or 13, so they never had to worry about teens succumbing to hormones--they were married by the time they had any hormones anyway.

mikamika94 said...
This was very good in expressing your opinion and you seem to be a strong-willed person! It's good that you also don't seem to expect others to simply follow your example and it appears that you realize it's every individual's choice. =]

mikamika94 replied...
Apr. 7, 2010 at 4:08 pm :
I also wanted to say that the part about giving it away (whether 'it' being just a kiss or more) is something you'll never get back. However, it's possible to make the most of it.

grasslova replied...
May 28, 2010 at 4:12 pm :
agreed--there is always a time and a place for everything! It's different for everybody. When and where that is, is up to each of us, individualy. We each lead our own lives, have our own opinions and express ourselved in different ways. :) I'm just expressing myself in order to help others do the same. Thank you for your feed back, :) much appriciated.

noelleism said...
Apr. 7, 2010 at 9:08 am:
I'm so glad there are actually kids out there that believe like I was taught. And yes I'm waiting untill my wedding day for my first kiss. And if I do want practice, (which I doubt, I want my first to be pure and innocent, as my husbands.) like grasslova said. 'we'll have the rest of our lives to practice. Don't you want your lips to be the first your husband has ever kissed. And don't you want his to be the first you've kissed? Life isn't a movie it's life, and it's real.

julliet replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 7:55 pm :

i agree with waiting till marriage to actually experience pleasure..but kisses arent that bad.if you dont want to open your legs a sweet kiss on the lips will do when you get your bf