Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!! | Teen Ink

Gay, Lesbian, bi relationships are okay!!

By ~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida
~luckydutchess~ BRONZE, Keywest, Florida

"One day there will be a chance that you will say that you love one person and really mean it, but every day one person is at least loving you now." - Me

I don't understand why most people in the world don't like people of the same sex to be in a relationship. I'm bisexual myself and people come up to me and start critizing me because i am, but they dont understand that I'm special in my own way just like other ppl, no matter who they are.

Where I live the main population is gay, lesbian and bi people. In front of my school there are even people writing signs saying "God hates America and Fags are not welcomed here!" I am getting so sick of it! This is making us not want to come out and actually be us.

The government has no right to make laws saying that gays can not be married. God and government does not mix people! Get it straight! Some of yur friends might actually be gay, lesbian or bi, and would u not be there friend because of it? If you would, then you are messed up and not worthy of their friendship.

Photo_97 said...
on Sep. 14 2010 at 3:24 pm
Photo_97, Ct., Connecticut
Right on! i agree with you 100% and i think the world needs more people like you to speek out,and speek the truth!!

on Sep. 8 2010 at 8:11 pm
SamiLynn PLATINUM, Anthem, Arizona

"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~Socrates

so true! btw i love the way u spell "like" lyk lol :D

on Aug. 30 2010 at 6:22 pm
tawny_2011 SILVER, Inez, Kentucky

"Everyone is gonna hurt you. You just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

Piglet: "How do you spell love"
Pooh: "You don't spell it...you feel it" <3

I agree <3

Sure...I have my preferences in some aspects of a relationship...

But I want someone because of who they are and not what they have, and that makes every part of a relationship worth it to me.

People fall in love...no matter what gender they are. Its a beautiful thing. And I agree...no one has any right to tell them what they feel is wrong.

on Aug. 21 2010 at 8:14 am
brokendreamer GOLD, Otis, Maine
Harsh ashleen.....harsh

KatB14 SILVER said...
on Aug. 20 2010 at 9:08 pm
KatB14 SILVER, Chesapeake, Virginia

"You don't always get the waterfall short-cut in Mario-Kart. That's life."-I.P.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love." -Hamlet

AMEN brother!

on Aug. 16 2010 at 4:52 pm
brokendreamer GOLD, Otis, Maine
amen to that

benji said...
on Aug. 7 2010 at 10:14 am

Hey Alyssa,

I respect your position on the one man and one woman aspect, its a dominant belief in this country (considering it was built based on Prodestant views).  But what you hopefully are hearing from these other people commenting on your comment is that while two women may not be able to reproduce by them selves, that does not mean that they cannot have children.  Also,there are so many babies and young children in this world already that do not have parents to care for them that it is a blessing so many GLBTQ couples adopt.  One last note I wanted to mention, for those hetersexual couples who cannot reproduce for some reason (like my adoptive mother), are you saying it is not right for them to be here either since they cannot repopulate this earth? Just thought I'd pose this question.

ajilla BRONZE said...
on Aug. 6 2010 at 12:49 pm
ajilla BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

everything happens for a reason

i dont have anything really against gays and lesbians and bis... im cathloic... and in the bible it supposable says that it you are abnormal you will be damned for all of eternally... but the bible can be interpreted in many ways... nobody really know what God is really thinking... how do people know that God didnt make a woman for a woman or a man for a man? nobody knows the truuth... but everyone has there voice of opinion... if you are gay, i personally think that you should show your true colors... if people dont except you thats there problem... you will make friends who except you... dont give in FIGHT

J. Rae said...
on Aug. 4 2010 at 9:23 pm
I have a friend who is bi, so i totally agree with you. She was born the way she is, so can people really say that she will go to Hell for being who she is? She is still a human being who is creative and smart, so why should she be treated differently by others, and why should her freedom of marrige be taken away by the government? 

J. Rae said...
on Aug. 4 2010 at 9:13 pm
You do not know that being gay means that you cannot go to heaven.

on Aug. 3 2010 at 8:25 am
Ashleen Strei, Woodbridge, Virginia
I disrespect her beliefs because she disrespects my entire lifestyle. what facts are you asking me to check? I was a born and raised catholic, I am entirely aware of Christian beliefs and your ten commandments, and the point you made about them was entirely irrelevant to the argument at hand. my facts are straight, even if Im not.

LoEssie BRONZE said...
on Aug. 3 2010 at 2:33 am
LoEssie BRONZE, Freeport, New York

A room without books is like a body without a soul. I don't know who wrote that, it was just on an advertisement at my library. . . hahaha.

Sorry to add on, but I'm kind of really passionate about this-the 10 commandments are relatable to this time period. Respect your parents, don't steal, don't envy, don't idolize, don't kill (if not in war), don't commit adultery, take a break on Sundays (not that hard), don't curse, take care of your fellow man as if they were close to you. . . Why would you want to disrespect somebody else's beliefs so harshly without even knowing the facts. . . check yourself.

LoEssie BRONZE said...
on Aug. 3 2010 at 2:28 am
LoEssie BRONZE, Freeport, New York

Okay, hold on there! I am a Christian (practicing) and I feel that the beliefs of other people are their own business and if I have a problem, I should just pray. . . Gosh, you really hurt me. First of all, the Bible does NOT support SLAVERY or SPOUSAL HIERARCHY or ABUSE!! Honestly, have you ever READ THE BIBLE!! For crying out loud! Ok, I am asuming that by slavery, you mean Pharoah enslaving the Jews, right. . . NOT ENCOURAGED!! Ever heard the quote "Let My People Go!". Secondly, where the heck are you getting spousal hierarchy from?? Okay, God says that the man is the head of the house. . . you do know that its equal, right? Women were sacred to God, okay, if that's what you were going against.

on Jul. 31 2010 at 10:47 pm
jbutterfly10 GOLD, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania

There is a time for everything under the sun:~

Thanx to all the people who took the time to actually try and explain this whole thing to me. Instead of straight out yelling.

I've come to this conclusion- Just because you hate oranges, doesn't mean you hate everyone who eats oranges. I have NOTHING against gay/lesbian people. I am a Christian, so being all mean and calling you guys a bunch of crack heads would be wrong- not to mention mean.

I don't hate people who are a little different. I accept that some people are gay and some are straight. While it goes against what I'VE (note the I'VE, please) been taught, you don't get fruit flies with vinegar.  

Can this stupid argument about differences just be over!? We're all humans. That should count for something.

I apologize if I've offended anyone in my previous comments.

Now, please, can we discuss something that has a bit of relevence, like Bp or world hunger, instead of biting each other's heads off?

We're all writers here. Sheesh:+}

on Jul. 29 2010 at 7:19 am
dirinity SILVER, Clayton, North Carolina

"Certain things catch your eye,
But pursue only those
that capture your heart.
"

when I did follow that faith, I took it as God created all of us to be as we are. To love. To be good. To not hurt others(unless it was justified by the bible). he created us in his likeness and that includes gay and lesbian and transgendered and bisexual people as well.

Adam and Eve sinned, sure. A bit sexistly, but never the less they sinned. Now, In order for that crazy messed up first family to work, there had to be incest and with all due respect, that wouldnt be able to create a lasting lone of people. You need at least 16 people, all nonrelated, in order to create a lasting, thriving population.  THus, while a lovely fairy tale, the Adam and Eve myth has just been busted.

NAY-NAY said...
on Jul. 28 2010 at 1:38 pm
NAY-NAY, Colorado Springs, Colorado

life is only as bad as you make it seem

i think your totally wrong!! it may be in the bible but who are you or anyone to judge somebody for who they love. on judgement day god will choose to forgive you or not. thats kinda the reason why he died. to pay for our sins. maybe u should take the time out to read it

NAY-NAY said...
on Jul. 28 2010 at 1:28 pm
NAY-NAY, Colorado Springs, Colorado

life is only as bad as you make it seem

i totally understand where your coming from.. im a lesbian in  a good relationship and i dont care that there are people who dont approve. god loves me and that enough for me to move on in my life so i apologize for those who hurt u with their ignorant slurs and it doesnt matter who you love

on Jul. 27 2010 at 7:46 am

"Certain things catch your eye,
But pursue only those
that capture your heart.
"

everyone? I dont:D

on Jul. 23 2010 at 7:18 pm
army_alyssa BRONZE, Wyoming, Michigan

You've never felt pain, until you've felt love.

bahah. okay honey, i dont revolve my life around god. i barely believe in him. but everyone else does. and its called FAITH. duh. lmao. nice try. 

M.W.M. BRONZE said...
on Jul. 23 2010 at 9:52 am
M.W.M. BRONZE, Undisclosed, New Jersey

"Test everything. Hold on to the good." -Paul of Tarsus (1 Thessalonians 5:21)

Well, i've seen the crappy effects of the legalization of gay marriage. like in one state, a dating website was forced to match up gay couples. and in massachussettes, where a parent was thrown in jail for trying to opt his little kid out of a class that taught that homosexuality is okay.

thats not to say that this kinda stuff will always happen when gay marriage is legal. but stuff like this has happened in the places where its been legalized.

however, if i can be assured that invidivual liberties will not be infringed, and i won't get sued for not matching up gay couples on my website, then i will support legislation of equal legal rights for gay couples.

so im not against equal legal rights for gay couples per se, im just against the forms of it that infringes on other's liberties.

but like i said before, as long as the piece of legislation can assure me that everyone's liberties will be respected, then i'll support it.