Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

ScarletLux said...
I can equally make a rant about girls but to be honest I agree with you. Many of my fellow men are shallow, but I guarantee you, unless you live in an area with a population of 500 there is a boy that doesn't just go for the cheerleader. All people need to do is realize that he won't be "A material", he won't be on the Football team of some really hot looking guy. Both sides of the argument, in my experiance, are hypocrites.

michelle_my_belle replied...
Dec. 26, 2009 at 12:29 pm :
great point. i was just thinking about this yesterday. i feel like the shallower guys are also the guys usually bold enough to ask girls out, especially the ones on the younger side.

905xoxo said...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because you are a blonde doesn't mean every boy will be memorized by you're beauty. Some boys like girls with dyed hair and percings and others like plain girls with a natural look. We should trying being our selves.

AndersN said...
Dec. 18, 2009 at 10:38 am:
I am a boy, and I'm different than all the other boys on this entire earth. I feel sympathy for you and your friend. I am 13, and I'm completely in love with this girl that's too embarrassed to admit she loves me too. She is a brunette, and I think she's the most beautiful thing to walk the earth. I've published several pieces on teen ink with her in mind. She doesn't love me, though. I am blonde with blue eyes, but I don't want to be. Let's say I...get a ... (more »)

VirginiaSoul replied...
Dec. 18, 2009 at 1:57 pm :
Aw! That's actually really sweet! I hope my article didn't affend you. :)
And if that girl doesn't like you then she doesn't know what she's missing cause you seem like a great guy!

AndersN replied...
Dec. 19, 2009 at 12:24 am :
She was the greatest thing that's ever happened to me...and she didn't care...I'm trying to make them think that I don't care for her anymore, but...I honestly do, and I never will stop...

VirginiaSoul replied...
Dec. 19, 2009 at 12:49 am :
Well, there is one girl somewhere out there who will love you for you. :)

Peanut:) replied...
Jan. 8, 2010 at 11:41 pm :
Ha, sorry, I just read this kid's comment, and I had to throw my two cents in-- Believe me, boy-- my school needs a few more like you. You do sound like a great guy, so go get'er! And a nice article, VirginiaSoul, good topic, try adding more 'meat' to it and expanding... it could go far.

XoXoRennie replied...
Jan. 17, 2010 at 11:52 am :
yeah very true but if you TRULY luv this gurl go 4 her nd try 2 find out y she hasnt listened to you. For all you know she might have issues of her own just like u

BasketballChick5 replied...
Mar. 16, 2010 at 3:19 pm :
Lol AndersN,
your really nice....Lol i like what you said in you comement there should be other guys that are like you:)

xoxoabim replied...
Mar. 25, 2010 at 4:43 am :
Ok i think the girl likes you but just doent want to admit it. U also sound a bit shy and most girls dont like that. try and express your feelings to this girl she might be going through some things in lher life that makes her react the way she does to you. for more advice u can email me on abims_oshodi@yahoo.com

kdooooooooooooo said...
not all guys are like this, you have your head stuck in the gutter. You're just not seeing other parts. Girls can be the same way as well. They never go for the geeky guys, but they always want the hot shots. This is just our problem, we only accept the love we think we deserve.

VirginiaSoul replied...
Dec. 16, 2009 at 7:21 pm :
(I wrote this artical) Okay, this was for my friend, I'm NOT a brunette with brown eyes. I am blonde with blue eyes. I'm the other girl in the article (the blonde one). The brunette girl was just a fictional (yet quite real) character. Just letting you know.
Thanks for your opinion though. :)
I'm not trying to be mean, I promise! :)

AMORETTE replied...
Dec. 25, 2009 at 10:04 pm :
i agree that you have no intention on hurting any ones feelings. thoug i will agree that the girls are the same way. any way i absolutely love your stuff keep it up. it speaks the truth. also, don't get offended by others comments, the only thing that matters are YOUR thoughts. smile :)

Ellie_Michelle replied...
Dec. 26, 2009 at 8:34 pm :
VirginiaSoul, I think it's really cool that you wrote it about the brunette with brown eyes even though she's not you (she's me!) :D But I'm not complaining. Actually at my school it's not the blonde cheerleaders all the guys like... it's weird. And I think we only have two blonde cheerleaders. Lol. :)

Renegadegirl2012 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 22, 2010 at 3:34 pm :
My school has NO blonde cheerleaders. looks aren't super important. as long as you are happy with how you look, then nothing else matters.

*/Chelby* said...
this is so true.
I agree with this. but im with a guy i love deeply, even tho im not popular. im always alone. im not as pretty as other girls. but he likes me for who i am. i just had to be patient to find him. heh (:

Joyful_angel said...
this is so true!!! i really liked reading this!!! boys need 2 stop being so pickyy... and go for the gurls who havent had any guys. a guy doesnt need to always have a blonde gurl! all gurls r pretty in their own way

MiA---shUshINe replied...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 11:35 am :
Loved it..!!

TearsinMind said...
Im telling you right now, the guys where you are from are pigs! Im a boy, and I don't do that. I like a girl with a good personality and has the same intrests as I do. Looks are only secondary things after good personalities for me. Trust me, there are some guys I know that would wish to meet girls. I have always gotten girls that really never liked me...I wish there were girls that would live in GA that didn't care about looks....and only personalities cause I would never be so Frikin... (more »)