Why are boys so confusing?

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

deardiary said...
I have to say,its not all the guys fault they may look on the outside first. THe media tends to make looks matter the most, and the pressure to be w/ the popular and pretty girl and to climb the social ladde is always great. U looks can tell a prsn alot bout u tho. Sorry, maybe not ur looks but ur stlye.If ur dressin in vogue, or diff then everyone else it cud mean ur origianl and creative. If u dress s***ty it wud mean ur only looking for one thing. So i guess,ur appearance can matter in a... (more »)

ShaunShaefron said...

While I understand the thoughts you're trying to convey, on some points I strongly disagree.  I think that the whole 'blond-haired blue-eyed being the most beautiful' thing is a stereotype.

I prefer brown-haired girls in most instances, and that's still personal preference, but to me it doesn't seem like guys only go for the blondes.  The majority of the cheerleaders and popular girls at my school have brown hair.  Also cheerleader =/= popular.  Cheerl... (more »)

Dreamer5712 said...
I go to a school that's a lot different. At my school the guys date the girls who get in trouble, are hispanic, or extremely popular. Since most of the time im a loner with very light skin and have a practically perfect bahavior record im not on that list. Sure a few guys have asked me out but one was because he was trying to date every girl he could. the other was just to see if he could get a date with a girl. There is a guy i feel like im totally in love with mainly because he makes me feel l... (more »)

fictionlover10 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm a brunette with brown eyes, and no one has called me beautiful. Guys seem to have their own system of what makes someone pretty, but I haven't found any that go for personality....

WhiteShadow said...
Alright I like any guy live up to the stereotype in a way but i get to know women for who they are and sometimes the socalled beautiful girls are "shallow" or "overprivilaged" because us guys are hormonally charged and look at features rather than personality but theres good guys out there that get to know girls for who they really are. But maybe your just looking for the wrong type of guy *shrugs*?

Striker said...
A lot of guys are like that, but there are a few that will love a girl for who she really is, not her beauty. They don't deserve to be sterotyped.

firstsnowfalls This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i think the question here is really: ARE there any nice teenaged guys who like girls for who they are and not what they look like

Jessica A. replied...
There is because i've met some guys that are really nice and etc. I think people just need to wait the right one will come.

stephxbee said...
Mar. 18, 2010 at 11:24 am
I disagree with this. And I have a few reasons why:
1) It really does depend on the guy. I'm Filipina and I have brunette hair and brown eyes. The guys I've gone for and have gone out with, even my friends, don't even go for blonde girls. They like the Asian girls, like myself. So, it's the guy's preference.
2) Not all cheerleaders are blonde with blue eyes. I'm an "ex-cheerleader". I was good at the sport, but it just wasn't my interest... (more »)

Renegadegirl2012 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'm a cheerleader. I have brown hair and blue eyes. Guys don't usually notice me.

stephxbee replied...
and that proves what my comment said was true :D not all cheerleaders live up to that waaaack stereotype that you see in the movies.

skywitch replied...
I am blonde and think that the stereotypes are stupid too, but for a different reason.
I don't like how the blonds are always the bad ones. Were not bad! Not to mention I don't always get the boy I like ether.

Jessica A. replied...
I'm a cheerleader and i have brown hair and brown eyes. Girls always say that I have all the boys running after me but I only have eyes for one person. And having a lot of boys falling for you isn't that great anyways. It's nice to hear that you beautiful or you look nice today but... idk.

stephxbee replied...

I'm enjoying the fact that people can relate to what I posted (:

But yes, beauty is not based on a stereotype.

beautifuleyess12 said...
I totally agree.

BasketballChick5 said...
I like this artical i am Blone and Blue eyes but thats not how it always goes!!! They go for Burnettes to lol........... But idk!

SecretlyCoy said...
I vote the second one. Maybe they're simple...and we just over think :P

breana said...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 9:13 am
yah i didnt say they were, im frann's with some.. so mhmm.

cdukeboy01 said...
Are boys really confusing or is it just that you don't understand them?

Jessica A. replied...

some boys are. not all. :)