Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Feb. 11 2015 at 12:46 pm
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

Thank you. I also felt slightly offended by this; it's very stereotypical and slightly sexist. I'd like to write an answer article, to be honest. I am a comeplete feminist, but this goes beyond feminism and is sexist.

maegan12 said...
on Jan. 22 2015 at 7:41 pm
well im a blonde with blue eyes but not a cheerleader but i really like this guy hes my bestfriend and he falls for the two red head girls in my grade and they r so mean to me just because i do everything with him he always says they r so sweet but to me if i found out someone i liked was being mean to my bestfriend i would not like them. so why is he falling for mean girls, and why doesnt he like me, sometimes i think he likes me the next hes talking about how pretty they are. can someone really give me some advice.

on Jan. 21 2015 at 4:25 pm
Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard. there -.- **their

jasmine said...
on Dec. 27 2014 at 5:14 pm
that is so not fir boy are just as same just more confusing

klayton0218 said...
on Nov. 20 2014 at 12:09 pm
This is sexist, girls can be the same way 

on Sep. 27 2014 at 8:45 pm
LeonardoLong7 SILVER, Roseville, California
Because teenagers are brought up on visuals. Boys and gilrs alike prefer to base decisions on looks before depth. It is a sad truth, and an unfortunate one not changing any time soon. However, with time comes experience, and with that comes a better understanding of what's truly important. Keep your chin up, don't lose faith, and you'll make it there.

Mr. Ruffles said...
on Sep. 25 2014 at 4:34 pm
Yea, I am a boy and I do not like the "populer" girls...I go for the girls that I honestly like that have a good personality :3 I just like to be with girls that have a good personality. Not populer girls.

on Sep. 19 2014 at 3:53 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

Not all boys prefer pretty and/or girls with blond and blue eyes. That's not entirely true.    I agree, that sometimes boys can be confusing and hard to understand. But don't you sometimes wonder, if we're like that to boys too? Or maybe even more to boys?    And also, the right one will love you for who you ruly are, if you are willing to wait patiently.    You have talent and greatness in you; I hope you know that. Your article is amazingly and honestly written. Thank you for sharing this. ^_^

AustinR BRONZE said...
on Aug. 26 2014 at 10:01 am
AustinR BRONZE, Miami, Florida
ok so im going to have to disagree, because im a guy and i dont like blondes with blue eyes. Thats really stereotypical and hurts a bit. I hate that classic cheerleader popular girl that everyone wishes they had, I prefer brunettes with dark eyes and with a personality instead of a pretty face and body with nothing in between their ears. Sure a girl might not have as cute a body as the next one but as long as she has personality and characteristics to match mine i'd prefer her. I like skinny rocker/skater girls that go along with who I am instead of a cheerleader any day.

on Jun. 21 2014 at 1:51 pm
BarzaitheWise BRONZE, Springfield, Massachusetts

Don't Let the bastards get you down

-Kris Kristofferson

Girls don't exactly come with an instruction manual.

on May. 23 2014 at 7:46 am
Boys ar dumb to mess with a girls head

on May. 23 2014 at 7:45 am
Its not something boys do they mix your head u;p in side

lyssaboo101 said...
on May. 20 2014 at 5:08 pm
lyssaboo101, Murphy, Texas

Live how you want to be remembered.

I think the thought of it is realistic, but it was harshly sterio typical.

on May. 15 2014 at 2:51 pm
KandiceMichelle PLATINUM, Stansonburg, North Carolina

"Yet God has made everything BEAUTIFUL for its own time. He has planted ETERNITY in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end." -Ecclesiastes 3:11

I don't agree with the part about the blondes, but I do about the boys. Most guys want an easy catch and most of those so called easy catches are the popular girls with more of their daddy's money than they know what to do with. In the end, guys do realize that they don't want a brainless girl who only knows to interest him with sex. The right guy though, will see you for who you are, and love you no matter what :)

on Apr. 28 2014 at 1:34 pm
WOWriting SILVER, Broadstairs, Other
Everybody falls for the attractive guy/girl once or twice. Everybody will either think 'WOW' or 'Oh...', but it's the people that stop and look past the 'good' looks or the 'bad' looks that really matter. Hope you find someone special for you, but in the meantime, just enjoy being you and single :) That sounded so cheesy but oh well...

on Apr. 4 2014 at 11:57 pm
FilmLoverandWriter14 BRONZE, Oakville, Other

"No matter where you are from... your dreams are valid"

- Lupita Nyong'o

I totally agree!!! I always wonder why it's the girls with the blonde hair and blue eyes. I'm a brunette and I always feel like the guys at our school always fall for them. And it's all about the looks! They never look for the personality, only all the "popular" cool girls. Finally someone understands how I feel! Thank you for this well written article that has made my night!

on Mar. 14 2014 at 1:51 pm
Lexxiiee BRONZE, Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
I do agree, boys are so confusing. They fall for looks alot instead of personality. Thats what screws things up from the beginning. The boy realizes that he doesnt like anything beyond the girls looks after some time has past and ends up distancing himself from the girl he showed and interest in. This is not how all guys are but it happens alot. Many guys do not know what they want.

Thalion SILVER said...
on Mar. 12 2014 at 11:06 am
Thalion SILVER, Peoria, Illinois
I don't think that we (I am a girl, just so you know.) should stereotype boys in this manner. It's like saying that all blondes are dumb (which is abolutely not true!) While there are definetly some guys who only like a girl for her looks, there are also many who can see part blonde hair and blue eyes! Many of my friends are guys, and I can only think of one or two peole that I know who think this way about girls.   Also, guys are wired differently than girls (understatement on the year, right?) Girls are mor emotional and guys are more visual. So appearences can catch a guy's eye more than for a girl, but that does not mean that all guys are only interested in pretty girls. 

bballnumbr21 said...
on Mar. 1 2014 at 2:57 am
bballnumbr21, Hayden, Alabama

leed by example

i completly agree.Not all guys act this way thats like saying all girls want is the boyfriend with money and good looks we dont like to be sterotyped either. we get just as upset when the girl goes for the jerk instead of the guy who is actually there to listen to them. but we learn that this is going to happen and has probably happened to every guy. So in return we adopt the same strategy in hopes of making that same girl that hurt us notice us. Everyone wants to make things so difficult but the truth is we all fall under a different catagorey not because of gender but because of our life experinces chances are if a guy doesnt want a long term realationship its because he has been hurt and thinks they dont exist for him anymore. so dont jsut go hating on all guys cause its very possible that the negative feelings you generate towards guys will drive the ones that actually do care away. i have realized that if your lookng for a realationship you never find it buut when you just live your life that special someone jsut happens to run into. i jsut got out of a three yr realationship and im only a jr in highschool. after that my ex girlfriend became my best friend and a girl i never has talked to before or hardly notice one grade belowvme ended up being my new girlfriend. all im saying is you never find what your looking for is you constantly search so take a deep breath and the i mean after all thats what life is all about.

Riz568 said...
on Feb. 22 2014 at 3:13 am
I disagree too well I'm brown skin most boys look at me like I'm pretty one in particular tells me that I'm pretty put doesn't act on it I knew him since 4th grade and we use to be best friends I'm lost ?

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare