Why are boys so confusing? | Teen Ink

Why are boys so confusing?

By VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California
VirginiaHeart BRONZE, Torrance, California

Good Girls are just Bad Girls who DON'T get Caught! <3

Why do boys always go for the pretty girls? They have to have the blonde hair and blue eyes! But what about the girls with dark hair and green eyes? Aren't they pretty too? Boys always go for the pretty girls, they want to look popular with those girls and be considered cool cause they go out with the "cute" girls! What's so cute about a ton of blonde cheerleaders thinking they're better then everyone else? In all the movies the blonde cheerleader has the guy at the beginning but then, in the end, the brunette get's him. Why can't it be like that in reality? Boys are so confusing. One moment they are together with the geeky girl, the next moment they are dancing at prom with a cheerleader. Why can't the girls that make sense and are beautiful in there own way be loved. Why are boys so cute, yet so hard.

This was dedicated to a close friend of mine who feels this way.

on Dec. 5 2015 at 8:36 am
Mark_____t BRONZE, Carrollton, Texas

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." ~Benjamin Franklin~

From a guys perspective, if a guy is dating an attractive girl purely because she is attractive then he's probably got other things on his mind then having a legit, healthy, relationship.

breebear351 said...
on Dec. 3 2015 at 10:01 pm
breebear351,

Ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim

I liked this one guy but he never noticed me because im on of those really awkward shy types and he liked on of the cheerleaders who was always sleeping around

on Oct. 14 2015 at 7:10 pm
Magicath BRONZE, Auburn, Alabama

"The boys, the girls, they all like Carmen
She gives them butterflies, bats her cartoon eyes"
-"Carmen" by Lana Del Rey

Don't be fooled. I know a guy I used to like who really liked my friend. She had brown hair and blue eyes. She was a lot "bigger than me" in that way and I was really sad to know he just saw me as friend. I know that boys are confusing because many cannot see what it is right in front of them. I have brown hair and brown eyes and he never liked me. I am now fine with it because me and my friend aren't very close and my guy friend is one of my best friends. He likes someone else and I am very happy for him. If anyone likes a best guy friend but they don't like you back, just wait for them or move on. It is their loss.

on Oct. 8 2015 at 12:15 am
ForstrangFreoh, Brisbane, Other

"We either exalt them as gods, or dismiss them as animals."
"Sometimes our favourite quotes reveal more about ourselves than the books and people we're quoting."

Ok, I'm not the greatest romantic adviser in the world, but I'll try to help. First, and this is most important, find out what you want. Obviously you want to be with him, but do you want most to be with him or to see him happy. Your decision between the two will make a massive difference. Next you should try to talk to him. Depending on his type of character I would suggest two methods. 1. Talk normally, subtly asking about the other girl and so forth. 2. Ask him openly about the issue. From there, you need to decide what to do. The most important thing to do is decide what you want and think is best, as I said before. This message might be a tad late and no longer relevant, but I hope it helps you somewhat. If you want to talk to me more, reply. Kind regards, Forstrang Freoh

on Oct. 8 2015 at 12:03 am
ForstrangFreoh, Brisbane, Other

The cheerleaders often get a lot of attention simply because they're "oh-so-pretty." Other girls who don't conform to such 'standards' of beauty are more likely to find someone who likes them for who they are, not for their butt. Follow ProfessionalJaywalker in their advice. Don't create a victim complex. Be you and hope that you'll meet the right guy. That is, honestly, the best thing you can do.

on Aug. 31 2015 at 12:34 pm
Sunshine5047 BRONZE, Henry County, Tennessee

One tree can make a million matches,
and one match can burn a million tree's.

It shouldn't matter what you look like, who care what color hair or eye's you have. It should matter who you are on the inside.

on Aug. 3 2015 at 9:32 pm
ProfessionalJaywalker GOLD, Rockville, Maryland

"Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore." -Ray Bradbury (Fahrenheit 451)

Geez. From what I've seen, the girls only go for the attractive boys. It's a two way street. Don't create a victim complex for yourself--that's just going to make your life more difficult.

Revosok said...
on Jul. 31 2015 at 12:52 pm
Revosok, Bvnbv, Connecticut
This article is not sexist; it is hypocritical.

on Jun. 19 2015 at 8:40 pm
Fernando_Acuna GOLD, Santa Maria, California

BE YOU AND SAY F*** YOU TO ANYBODY THAT DOESN'T LIKE IT. -Shane Dawson

Thank you, I'm really glad you liked reading it.

on May. 17 2015 at 3:50 pm
WordAddict GOLD, Montclair, New Jersey

"Timshel!"

Sorry—I mean to put an apostrophe 's' after 'everyone'. Jesus I'm such a grammer freak.

on May. 17 2015 at 3:46 pm
WordAddict GOLD, Montclair, New Jersey

"Timshel!"

You had a boyfriend at twelve??? Everyone so precocious these days...

on Apr. 14 2015 at 11:03 pm
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

Aw. It's nice to hear that, because I have no muscle whatsoever (;-;) Well, I did notice how she mentioned "Boys always go for the pretty girls" in such a way that made it sound like she wasn't pretty or like the girls men don't fall in love with aren't pretty. That's very untrue, because in my personal belief, every woman is beautiful. Sometimes men don't date beautiful women because they simply aren't attracted to them or don't wish to enter a meaningful relationship with them.

on Apr. 14 2015 at 12:29 pm
ABPippins SILVER, League City, Texas

To die may be an awfully big adventure, but to love is an even grander affair -myself

As a girl, this slightly offended even me. We stereotype guys all the time for "liking/desiring" what we think is a social norm of popularity, but at the same time, we girls can be stereotyped as only liking jocks or guys with sexually appealing bodies. Personally, I prefer a tall guy (that hasn't stopped me from dating somebody closer to my height before) with a bit of meat on his bones. Too much muscle can be unattractive and frankly, harder to hug.

on Apr. 14 2015 at 12:22 pm
ABPippins SILVER, League City, Texas

Just be patient and look for somebody who chooses you for you and don't be so picky as to turn them down because they don't meet your standards of attractive. Somebody that you don't find beautiful or handsome could be the kind of person who will go to the ends of the Earth for you because they have that kind of heart. Physical beauty can easily be marred by a foul personality. As the witches say in Macbeth: "Fair is Foul and Foul if Fair..."

Kaysie said...
on Apr. 13 2015 at 11:06 pm
Except im the blonde hair blue eye cheerleader and guys avoid me like the black plague

on Mar. 24 2015 at 9:10 am
MrsCapela BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

This was a great piece!

ahsfreak said...
on Mar. 14 2015 at 6:19 pm
I DONT THINK ALL BLONDES GET THE BOYS! I had my first boyfriends when I was 12 and I have brown hair and green eyes! DONT LISTEN TO THEM

on Mar. 13 2015 at 10:03 pm
OMGGGGGGG!!!! That is so true!! Boys will be all over u in 6th grade because he likes your hazel eyes and black hair and the next year he will total ignore u because he's DATING a blonde hair and blue eyed cheerleader in 7th grade! WTF BOYS!!!! STICK WITH THE GIRL U LIKE NOT THE POPULAR ONE!!! STUPID!!!!

kellyevelyn2 said...
on Mar. 2 2015 at 9:41 pm
kellyevelyn2, Modesto, California

You are going to die in 7 days.

Boys, when you leave them, and they are with another girl is because it shows you that they moved on, and they are wanting to be in love or is really a real jerk.

lucyyh said...
on Feb. 13 2015 at 3:16 am
lucyyh, Melbourne, Other

kaylee is me

SOMEONE HELP PLEASE my crush i really like him we have talked for almost 3 months and he goes to my school same year. When i talk to him i am so happy and get butterflies because we joke about each other and he really listens to me but he started to like this girl and it made me so depressed and annoyed. At school i am in non of his classes and im so scared to actually talk to him in real life and he knows i like him i think someone tell me how to handle it please

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare