Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

The_looking_glass said...
Teenage Love is real and amazing! I have been with the same guy for 4 and 1/2 years all through high school and we are currently in college together and we have a son! We are happy and Love each other very much! We were freshman in High school and fell in love, so how can people say it’s not real? I have felt it, I have lived it and I still am living it!

korinna<3 said...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 11:44 am:

i think teen love is REAL you just have to been the one inlove to really know!:)

JPLover said...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 9:06 am:
i think it is real! go crazycatlady!

Zorimar D. said...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 11:58 am:
i mean what the frik you talkng about

crazycatlady said...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 10:08 am:
I know what you mean. teenage love is REAL.

Zorimar D. replied...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 11:57 am :
i do not agree with you crazycatlady

Kerra replied...
Sept. 19, 2011 at 8:16 pm :
i agree with you crazycatlady

CameandgonesmartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think that it exists. Not for everyone, but for some. But i think that if i was fortunate enough to feel something so strong so early, I would hope that i would have the courage to grab it and hold on for the ride, and never let it go. It's hard to keep something going from highschool cause everyone has different hopes, dreams, and destinations, and if the love is to remain, it has to be stronger than all that. 

ZebraDiva replied...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 6:40 pm :
i really liked that ,it was so right  and yes i think its not age but how ready u are to go on a good or bad ride with that person that u say u love,<3

Philosophication This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree heartily to your point. However, it is VERY difficult to try and seperate "like" from "love". My first "relationship" was with a girl who eventually cheated on me. Granted, we never got passed huggin, but it still really hurt. It makes you feel inadequate. Just wanted to make a point.

callie15 said...
Sept. 3, 2011 at 1:54 am:
Good article, but it could have been longer.

kaylarocks said...
 think your absolutly right!! graet article

Girlygirl27 said...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 9:28 am:
Teenage love IS real!!!!! i love you Adam Owen!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Owens replied...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 9:20 am :
Too bad the feeling isn't mutual

ambnyc This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I think you can fall in love at any age. Love doesn't have a set time, age, or date to happen. A couple can go out a few weeks and be in love, or a few years and be in love. It doesn't matter.

I also think you can fall in and out of love, that there is no predestined "soulmate" for you - but that there are many people with the potential to be.

JusticeLiberty replied...
Aug. 20, 2011 at 11:28 pm :
I TOTALLY AGREE! Except I also think that you have to know yourself to truly know and love someone else... and teens are still developing their character and their preferences in character. Other than that I am in agreement.

Kylie-o said...
I personally believe in teenage love. I think teenage love is the best shape and form of love because teenagers are newer to love than adults and sometimes are more open. Almost every couple in my family has met their loved ones in high school and that's just amazing. It's amazing to know exactly what you want and find it in a person so young. :)

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think that what teenagers are capable of feeling for each other is indeed love – the same kind of love that adults feel for each other, however much they may deny it. The problem is just that teenagers are usually mature or responsible enough to handle, say, getting married. But by my standards, you don't have to be all that mature to be in love. :)

emolover95 said...
I personally don't believe that "teen love" is something that exists in my life. That does not mean that it doesn't exist for someone else. So good for you guys that have it. That's really neat! That's really special.

Kelli_2011This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 3:53 pm:
TEENAGE LOVE IS SO REAL!!!