Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Nick1998 said...
I believe in teen love. Love is love, no matter what. I've been dating this girl for about 3 months, yeah short time. But we both are 13 years old. We've known eachother far beyond our relationship. But we had mutual feelings. We discuss our plans for the future and many mature things. But we also have frivolous teen attitude. Where we can be dumb, etc. She is the most important thing to me. I'm sure that we are in love. We have kissed 2 times. And have amazing conversations. SO all concerned or... (more »)

kksexi12 replied...

I agree with you, my boyfriend and I were friends since we were two and now I am twelve. We just started going out after me having a really rough breakup, he has been there for me and i really love him but no one believes me. It is possible for teenagers to love one another.

I love the fact that no matter what wether others agree or not I love someone who love me no matter what. I think that is enough to be called love, don't you?

RandomRanda said...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 9:01 am
i do agree with you!

RandomRanda said...
Oct. 12, 2011 at 8:59 am
i think there is high school love. but love can die and its not a word you throw around

alymarie3 said...
Oct. 10, 2011 at 12:58 am
I believe there is different kind of loves. And love has different stages. My parents we're together since they we're 14, they are now 35 and they recently got a divorce. They we're happy for a long time. So i do believe u can love in high school, but i also believe love dies, and that is just apart of our culture now.

Mooky.Capulet said...
Oct. 8, 2011 at 9:55 am
I think Love has no boundries

Scarlett.11 said...
Oct. 7, 2011 at 9:33 am
Love does'nt have an age. Everyone has their own special way of feeling it. No one's feel for love is ever the same, someone might feel like this and someone might feel like that. We're all different and that's what more people have to understand. You can find your soulmate on any day, any time... you can't tell your future. But anything can happen. Teenage love is just the start of the feeling. You're experencing new adventures, it's how you learn. One way you probably dismiss 'love not being r... (more »)

hart.kaylee said...
I believe in everything that you have to say. It dosent take an adult to figure out if your in love or not, you have to find what love means for yourself. I am happily in love with my high school sweetheart. 

The_looking_glass said...
Teenage Love is real and amazing! I have been with the same guy for 4 and 1/2 years all through high school and we are currently in college together and we have a son! We are happy and Love each other very much! We were freshman in High school and fell in love, so how can people say it’s not real? I have felt it, I have lived it and I still am living it!

korinna<3 said...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 11:44 am

i think teen love is REAL you just have to been the one inlove to really know!:)

JPLover said...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 9:06 am
i think it is real! go crazycatlady!

Zorimar D. said...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 11:58 am
i mean what the frik you talkng about

crazycatlady said...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 10:08 am
I know what you mean. teenage love is REAL.

Zorimar D. replied...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 11:57 am
i do not agree with you crazycatlady

Kerra replied...
i agree with you crazycatlady

CameandgonesmartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think that it exists. Not for everyone, but for some. But i think that if i was fortunate enough to feel something so strong so early, I would hope that i would have the courage to grab it and hold on for the ride, and never let it go. It's hard to keep something going from highschool cause everyone has different hopes, dreams, and destinations, and if the love is to remain, it has to be stronger than all that. 

ZebraDiva replied...
i really liked that ,it was so right  and yes i think its not age but how ready u are to go on a good or bad ride with that person that u say u love,<3

Philosophication This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree heartily to your point. However, it is VERY difficult to try and seperate "like" from "love". My first "relationship" was with a girl who eventually cheated on me. Granted, we never got passed huggin, but it still really hurt. It makes you feel inadequate. Just wanted to make a point.

callie15 said...
Sept. 3, 2011 at 1:54 am
Good article, but it could have been longer.

kaylarocks said...
 think your absolutly right!! graet article