Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

cheywan♥♥ said...
i think that it is you that decides if its true love.like you subconciously just know from the beginning wether it will last.i believe that true love can be from when your 1 years old to when your 99.

photographer_author_artist_lover replied...
Dec. 7, 2009 at 12:26 pm :
But then again they're may be teens who mistake other feelings for love, and there are others who just love the idea of being in love, rather than actuall love for the person. You just have to think about how you really feel and make sure its love.

loveexists replied...
Dec. 25, 2009 at 7:23 pm :
oh my boyfriends parents did this! ive been with him for 3 years .. im currently 16 .. and we broke up twice but realized during those times we had to grow up and now we're happy .. hes a year older than me .. but its awesome .. he got me a promise ring ... and sure sometimes that promise is bbroken but love is real you just gotta believe it is ! :)

Scripted said...
I think that to be able to know and feel what love is, goes hand in hand with the level of maturity. I am not dismissing the idea that teens can fall in love, but I am saying that a lot of preteens mix love up with such powerful feelings as lust, infatuation, and obsession. I know many people, I for one, that dated in high school or earlier who thought they were in love. When they finally break up with that person and find someone else they suddenly feel and experience more feelings toward this ... (more »)

Ilovecandy687 said...
teenage love is real because thats where it starts in HIGH SCHOOL.

himu131195 said...
Nov. 25, 2009 at 10:46 am:
teenage love does exist....not everyone has it or may not even realize they have it...but it is possible....though maybe not for everyone..

BaBii_GhErL said...
teenage love is a real thing...i have been a victim of love...and i am 17 senior still in high skewl...love can happen anywhere so why cant love happen in high skewl??

C.C. said...
Nov. 24, 2009 at 11:04 am:
You know, I read through all these comments on "teenage love" and I think that it may exist and it may not. I am a faithful Christian, and I beleive that GOD will put someone in your path that HE wants you to spend the rest of your life with. With some people they may find that person in high school, and some other people he may put someone in their path at an older age, like when they are in fact Adults. So really on this topic I am kinda nuetral.

carolineee said...
i believe in it, but you have to consider the strength of the love. Some people say that teens cant love eachother, but they can, emotions and hormones just get in the way very often. The love gets stronger as the two people get stronger

MangoMadness said...
Nov. 21, 2009 at 1:00 am:
I am only 13, and I am TOTALLY in love. I don't wanna hear a single flippin person tell me it's not real. "He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar, the only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star"-Taylor Swift.

A_writers_Beauty replied...
Nov. 23, 2009 at 7:20 pm :
Ah I AGREE SOOOO MUCH! I am also a teenager and in love. I can't tell you how great it is. Some people may ask, "Well. What if he hA very slight chance. It depends on the personality of that person." And right now, i can't imagine him hurting me. I feel as if it was impossible. And there are DIFFERENT kinds of love as well. sometimes people call the love that involves " sexual " events "fake" however it may not always be. Then there is the pure love that c... (more »)

Jake G. said...
Love comes in all shapes, sizes, and forms, and one of them is teenage love. I'm in a relationship and me and my girlfirend are past that stage of infatuation and the love still runs strong. Adults have always steriotyped us as loud and rude and pot heads. Why should we have to fall under this one? teenage love is real, but that doesn't mean it lasts.

iesha928 said...
i agree but sometimes they get hurt!!

kiska_puppy11 said...
I believe that anyone at any age can be in love. Whether they are 85 or 10 years old, they can all be in love. My definition of love is anyone you care for, have things in common with, see everyday... People you really know. You know what they are like. What they like to do. What their life at home is like. When they are sad, you are sad. When they are excited, you are excited for them. Love can be anyone, your boyfriend/girlfriend, parents, family, and of course your friends. :D

Samantha C. said...
I believe teens think they're in love, but don't truely know the perplexities of the word. I do agree that teens love, just not like adults do.

Mystery_Girl said...
Nov. 17, 2009 at 8:01 am:
I agree whole heartedly! There is no age limit on love. I have personally been in love and I am a teenager! It happens. For certain people your love for others starts at different ages!

hbeats4u2 said...
Love is a tough thing in the world, today. You will hear people saying alot of things. One of which is, "I love you." But do they really mean it? Do they say that until they find someone better? Well, I for one do believe in it, but I think that teens need to be careful what they say....

hbeats4u2 replied...
Nov. 15, 2009 at 12:45 pm :
P.S. Love should start out with puppy love. Love is NOT a game, its filled with alot of emotions. Most of which are stronger with females compared to males. My BF, for instance, has not once told me he loves me and we have been going out for about 5 months....

BaBii_GhErL replied...
Nov. 24, 2009 at 4:50 pm :
its ok...it will be so romantic when he says it...trust me...i waited until my boyfriend said it to me even if i always said it to him...it would make u cry that he finally said it but dnt pressure him into saying it to else it wont be romantic anymore...lol...

straightedge193 said...
I believe in teenage love. I mean however old you are you can still love in other ways, right? Like not just be in love. You can also love a teddy bear, a friend or your parents.
Also, I have, well at least I 150% believe, I have been inlove for 9 years. Since I was about 7. Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but still to this day the love is still growing between us.

madi123 replied...
Nov. 13, 2009 at 3:36 pm :
i disagree teen should not b allowedto love unless they truly mean it.