Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

AriShineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:00 pm:
Yes, I believe it is possible for teenagers to fall in love, but this is rare. As teens, our hormones are completely out of whack, and life is confusing. We may think we are in love when we aren't. 99% of teenage relationships are not serious and shallow. Teenage love is possible, but it almost never actually happens.

CaptainsXAngel said...
Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:50 pm:
This love exists. I know it does. Last year I went to an FFA camp and met a guy on the LAST day JUST before we left. I didn't think much of him at first. He slipped me his number, and bought me a soda. I texted im and he didn't reply for about a month. But he had his phone taken away. We started talking. Talked more and more. He fell for me. The most unpopular girl in the world! He tells me I'm beautiful eveyday, and I see him only once or twice a year, but we are as loyal as any couple c... (more »)

xhashimoto said...
Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:04 am:
Teenage love exists.  I've loved and lost but it was better than not experiencing anything at all.  

mrittmritt77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:51 pm:

Just going to put my opinion out there..

I believe that serious relationships at a young age can be dangerous, you could grow too dependent on a person or become too infatuated with them. But I do believe that it is possible to find the person you spend your life with in highschool, although its not always a good idea to get too serious during highschool, some relationships are ready for it.

toffeestefanko said...
Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:00 am:
I somehow believe in teenage love. :)) nuff said.

MellyBelly said...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:43 am:
My mom and dad met when they were young. My mom was 16 and my dad was 18. They were still in high school. They have now been married over 25 years! Some peoples relationships don't turn into "in love" but you can love someone even if it doesn't work out in the end. Enjoy life and stop worrying if its gonna work out to forever.  That's just my opinion.

ms.vignesh said...
May 20, 2012 at 6:51 am:
yes i am in luv with a boy so teenage luv is possible

glasses and pen said...
I have a bitter experience about teenage love.ahmm... I don't see it as a "love", but maybe it's an infatuation. 

ilovesamuel said...
i have a boyfriend, and i love him. its you opinion on love. i'm saying that love is wonderful like rose growing in a tree. i just hope you can find someone that you love and care about like me. please don't get made i'm just saying. so please comment back thank you bye!!!!!!

isharesomethings replied...
Apr. 24, 2012 at 2:31 pm :
well whats love when u break up then?

MellyBelly replied...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:45 am :
Why worry about what happens after the break up? How about enjoy the ride and love never dies. Break ups happen but it doesn't have to mean you stop loving that person. You just don't feel like you are suited to be "forever" with that one person.

Pretty Based said...
Some people that I know are now happy to be in love and are married now.

MiaUnwriten said...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 6:54 am:
it is immature though but true

MellyBelly replied...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 11:46 am :
How is that immature? It's not in any way.

SallyTheShyGirl said...
Mar. 26, 2012 at 7:47 pm:
When I read this article I thought about how many girls have crushes in middle school, but some of them don't end up dating them. One of them happens to me. I don't know what high school would be like. Anyway, I think teenage love exists, but then eventually you start to find a person whom you can truelly love, but to me teenage love is just dating a guy in your teen years, while true love happens when you are at adulthood

Emily L. said...
Mar. 26, 2012 at 5:19 pm:
My parents started dating in high school. My dad was a junior and my mom a sophomore when they first met. They have been together ever since, and they still have a really happy relationship. I think love can exist anywhere.

GChristine said...
Mar. 23, 2012 at 2:13 am:
Definitely

BigEddy97 said...
Mar. 16, 2012 at 11:51 pm:
That is completely true, love comes in many shapes and sizes. You can love many different people and most likely it will be different for everybody. The way you love your parents may not be the way you love your highschool sweetheart. I strongly agree that Love is possible in high school students.

Ciara_Nicole97 said...
Mar. 16, 2012 at 7:45 pm:
Just because we're younger doesn't mean we don't know what true love is..

Sarah B. replied...
Mar. 20, 2012 at 2:28 pm :
well yoour right because i have a  boyfriend but he doesn't really care