Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

maddylove said...
peronally, i do belive in teen love most adults say y date any1 u dont know what love is so dont date. i think so what if we dont know what love is you only live once we r just being teens

StayGold7 said...
Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:06 am
Personally I absolutely believe someone can fall in love as a teenager. It is true that a lot of people as teenagers are just influenced by hormones, in which they are not actually in love..   I am a teenager, and I have been dating my boyfriend for six months so far and every day that goes by, our relationship gets stronger and the weeks just fly by. Honestly I am in love with him. I have known him for two years, and he is my best friend. He is a year younger than me, but he is th... (more »)

HazeyGirl13 said...
Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:06 am
I think any love could exist, it just depends on the emotion of the couple, as well as their definition. Love has no single bound definition, so you can not judge if love is real or fake. I also liked how short and precise your article is.

the realist person said...
I agree with you 100%

Little Mizz Shorty said...
I believe that love does not
have an age. like yeah you might
not know or be for sure if you are
in love or not but who does?

joanna said...
i totaly agree with this love is every were not just inhigh school though.

NyghtOnyxx said...
It depends on the two people to figure out whether or not they love each other at an early age... there is a difference between being in love and then being naieve (did i spell that right?) some people say they are in love and then 12 years later realize that they really werent...

HayNicole said...
What is the difference between real love and teen love? What makes teens incapable of having basic human emotions? When are we allowed to have these emotions? Is there some sort of chi blocked until we reach the golden age of adulthood until we can start feel ? I'm not sure why us teens can't be in true love. 

Angie replied...
I don`t think they are incapable. Mst are just too immature to fully grasp the difference between love and infatuation.

Vike_Town_Syd said...
Sept. 11, 2012 at 8:12 am
I feel like Anyone can be in love, at any age. Love doesn't discriminate againt anyone. Any color, age, or size can love someone or be in love with someone. My parents have been dating since their sophomore year in high school, And my bestfriend has been dating someone since her freshman year, now she's a freshman in college. I believe in teen age love, 100%.

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I don't believe in love as a teenager. But there are certain execptions. The kind of teenage loe I don't believe in, is the kind where the couple had known each other for a month, dated for a week and already say 'I love you'. No. You don't. You don't know them. On the other hand, if you've known hat other person since you were like five (or just really young), and you've gorwn up with them, it's different. In that situation, you would know them better. I... (more »)

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Haha, so I just read that over again, sorry for all the grammatical errors. Sometimes I type my opinion so fiercely I forget to read back over and check. ;p

Lostgirl024 said...
I believe in teenage love. My parents don't allow me to see my boyfreind but when we were together i always knew it was forever. I love him. Im 17 and he is 18. We are teenage lovers proving that teenage love can last even with 150 miles between lovers. 

loverockxx said...
Jul. 1, 2012 at 4:28 am
true .. teenage love does it exist which justifies the saying : the more you love the more it grows !!

AriShine This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yes, I believe it is possible for teenagers to fall in love, but this is rare. As teens, our hormones are completely out of whack, and life is confusing. We may think we are in love when we aren't. 99% of teenage relationships are not serious and shallow. Teenage love is possible, but it almost never actually happens.

CaptainsXAngel said...
This love exists. I know it does. Last year I went to an FFA camp and met a guy on the LAST day JUST before we left. I didn't think much of him at first. He slipped me his number, and bought me a soda. I texted im and he didn't reply for about a month. But he had his phone taken away. We started talking. Talked more and more. He fell for me. The most unpopular girl in the world! He tells me I'm beautiful eveyday, and I see him only once or twice a year, but we are as loyal as any couple c... (more »)

xhashimoto said...
Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:04 am
Teenage love exists.  I've loved and lost but it was better than not experiencing anything at all.  

mrittmritt77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Just going to put my opinion out there..

I believe that serious relationships at a young age can be dangerous, you could grow too dependent on a person or become too infatuated with them. But I do believe that it is possible to find the person you spend your life with in highschool, although its not always a good idea to get too serious during highschool, some relationships are ready for it.

toffeestefanko said...
Jun. 11, 2012 at 7:00 am
I somehow believe in teenage love. :)) nuff said.