Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

countrygirl3394 said...
Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:33 am
After two very serious teenage relationships, I do still believe teen love. At first, after my latest break-up, I was done with dating as a teenager but now, I think it is possible for someone to find their soulmate at a younger age. Two of my best friends have been with their boyfriends for over a year and they've proven it to me.

JustineD said...

I truly believe in teenage love. 100%. I know that many teens just throw 'I love you' out there, when their feelings aren't nearly as passionate, but it does exist. Love is love no matter what age. Only you can know what's going on in your heart, so others cannot dismiss it. 

Love is different to different people, but everyone'll know when Love has found them. :)

Gymnastgirl26 said...
Jul. 4, 2011 at 10:49 am
I recently exchanged "I love you"s for the first time with a boy I've liked for three years. He edits my writing, encourages me to pursue physics, worries about me when I get hurt at gymnastics, ( and even went through an eating disorder for the sport). He's been there for me all along. Even though I'm only fourteen and never had a boyfriend before, I think teen love exists.

singingwriter14 replied...
Ok, that it just about  one of the sweetest things I've ever heard! Go you! :-)

SnowBlaze94 said...
I really do believe in teenage love. I'm 17 years old and i've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and 4 months. I was 12 and he was 13. I'll admit we told each other the first day we started dating our "I Love You's". We only knew each other for about a week before we started dating. It was all so fast but on the long run it was all worth it. :) So love doesn't have a certain age. Whenever you fall in love you know it. So teenage love really does exist and is possible.

BadKindOfLucky said...
We feel love before we know what love is.

Emonie said...
Yes I truely believe in teenage love. Adults Think that since we are kids that we may not know but we know more then what they say. Sometimes it can be true love some times it can be heartbreak but whatever the cause maybe its still love.

sammy_girl11 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think it happens. Maybe not a lot, but sometimes it's love. I don't think it has to do with age, I think it has to do with the people. People can think they're in love when they're not at any age. People can be in love at any age. I think when it's love, it's just love.

JustineD replied...
Exactly, it always has to do with the people, not the age! XD

MidnightSol said...
I think that the reason most relationships don't last is because people don't know what love is.  Love is not this overpowering force that you fall in and out of.  Love is something you have to work at.  Also, don't look for the perfect person to be with.  Instead, try to be a person others will want a lasting relationship with.  This does not mean that all relationships will work out but it might help you give true love a chance. 

OneGodForever32This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I think a lot of people dismiss teenage love, because there are so many teenagers that will just say 'I love you' because they're in a relationship. It's just a requirement that comes along with it.

rachelpark said...

I think that some teenagers know what true love is and that some do experience it in high school. But there are teens that say "I love you" because they feel obliged to say it when they get a new boyfriend/girlfriend.

I believe in teenage love because I'm fifteen and I have a boyfriend that I've been dating for almost a year now. I think our relationship is something real even though we're both in high school.

All in all, it really just depends on the person. Someone c... (more »)

alwayskelley This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i dont really know i myself havent experienced it yet nor do i know anyone who has/is at the moment, i know of a lot of people who use that "i love you" phrase frivilously and end up breaking up in the end, im saving it for when i truly feel it-ill know when that time is right:) <3

Lynnies said...
Hmm, it really depends on people. Just because we're young and "don't know much", it seems adult play with love just as much as teens do. Just saying, but I think love is ageless (:

bookwormjunkie said...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:50 am
I believe in teenage love!!!thats how alot of relationships start out!just because we are teens and we're not as mature as adults does not mean that there is no teenage love.

fucklove123 said...

teenagers abuse love they think its a game guys hurt girls an girls hurt guys everyone lies theres no such thing as a purfect relationship sometimes it works out but sometimes ends... sorry someone had to say it

bookwormjunkie replied...
Jun. 4, 2011 at 7:55 am
y'know, that does not ALWAYS happen!!u are just sterotyping teenagers and love!there are some teens that do that, but they are more likely mean people and it all depends on who u are falling in love with. Plus, hav U gotten your heart broken?????!!!!

Meko8195 replied...
Well bookwormjunkie Teenage love CAN exist but lets face it. It's very rare and though i would LOVE to belive me and my BF were meant to be I need to relize that sometimes it won't work out

bookwormjunkie replied...
ok, i understand wat your sayin!but teen love could happen!im not sayin that if u date in your teen years, u will be with that person your whole life. im just sayin that it could happen!and i hope u and your BF have a very healthy relationship!and member u can just say no!if he wants u to not be u, then its over!

Meko8195 replied...
yeah :) My grandparents had teenage love :D its just so rare lol. and thx :)