Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

emolover95 said...
I personally don't believe that "teen love" is something that exists in my life. That does not mean that it doesn't exist for someone else. So good for you guys that have it. That's really neat! That's really special.

Kelli_2011This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 3:53 pm:
TEENAGE LOVE IS SO REAL!!!

JitchDiaries said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 8:32 pm:
Teenage love exists! Love happens to anyone, anytime, anywhere. 

alexandria1124 said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 5:31 pm:
Love, in my opinion, is true dedication, loyalty and commitment. Most teens aren't put into situations that require those things, so it makes it easier on their relationship. You love someone, when you've went to Earths end for them. And, if you're a teen when you experience that, then that's teenage love. Though, most don't experience until adulthood. 

andromeda13 replied...
Sept. 12, 2011 at 3:34 pm :
what about pple who have gotten divorced? if your parents got divorced would u deny that they had ever loved each other?

alexandria1124 replied...
Sept. 12, 2011 at 4:37 pm :
Considering this article is about teenage love, and not divorce, I hadn't considered it. It's two different subjects, my same opinions don't apply in both situations because it's different circumstances...?

cloudydays29 said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 4:05 pm:
Love is a personal thing, wheather it comes when you are fifteen or seventy two, and i believe it can happen anytime, anywhere.

Rarity said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:51 am:
Does it matter if you believe in High School love or not? You'll feel the same thing either way, it's just what you want to call it. 

RandomInspiration replied...
Aug. 11, 2011 at 1:39 pm :
Great point I agree completely

kksexi12 replied...
Oct. 3, 2011 at 5:24 pm :
i really agree with you Rarity and RandomInspiration

Meggy129 said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 12:28 am:
the problem today with teenage love is that the word love is tossed around so carelessly its disgusting. I personally believe in it but the problem is a lot of people over use that word but I also beileve that its not just teenagers who over use that word. If the word love wasn't used so easily and casually then maybe love would be easier to define.

callie15 replied...
Sept. 3, 2011 at 1:55 am :
Totally agree with you :)

far.from.you. said...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 11:54 pm:

I absolutley believe in teenage love,(: I've struggled with some... intense problems the past couple years, i thought no one understood me. Until one day a boy in the grade above me started talking to me, then he started telling me about him, and then the day came when he found out the real me, well the "screwed up" me.. i thought our friendship was over, but then he helped me, & talked me through everything. I must have cried in fron of him 20 times, and he always was there, no matter wh... (more »)

k.s.h said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 6:07 pm:

I really don't know what I think about the subject.  I'm only a tween/preteen and I really don't even know if I can comment on this kind of thing.  On one hand, I think it's fate for some teenagers to fall in love and the relationship is serious.  On the other hand, I see a lot of silly puppy love crap. 

????????????????

countrygirl3394 said...
Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:33 am:
After two very serious teenage relationships, I do still believe teen love. At first, after my latest break-up, I was done with dating as a teenager but now, I think it is possible for someone to find their soulmate at a younger age. Two of my best friends have been with their boyfriends for over a year and they've proven it to me.

JustineD said...
Jul. 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm:

I truly believe in teenage love. 100%. I know that many teens just throw 'I love you' out there, when their feelings aren't nearly as passionate, but it does exist. Love is love no matter what age. Only you can know what's going on in your heart, so others cannot dismiss it. 

Love is different to different people, but everyone'll know when Love has found them. :)

Gymnastgirl26 said...
Jul. 4, 2011 at 10:49 am:
I recently exchanged "I love you"s for the first time with a boy I've liked for three years. He edits my writing, encourages me to pursue physics, worries about me when I get hurt at gymnastics, ( and even went through an eating disorder for the sport). He's been there for me all along. Even though I'm only fourteen and never had a boyfriend before, I think teen love exists.

singingwriter14 replied...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:42 pm :
Ok, that it just about  one of the sweetest things I've ever heard! Go you! :-)

SnowBlaze94 said...
Jun. 29, 2011 at 5:37 pm:
I really do believe in teenage love. I'm 17 years old and i've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and 4 months. I was 12 and he was 13. I'll admit we told each other the first day we started dating our "I Love You's". We only knew each other for about a week before we started dating. It was all so fast but on the long run it was all worth it. :) So love doesn't have a certain age. Whenever you fall in love you know it. So teenage love really does exist and is possible.

BadKindOfLucky said...
Jun. 23, 2011 at 10:34 pm:
We feel love before we know what love is.