Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Girlygirl27 said...
Sept. 1, 2011 at 9:28 am
Teenage love IS real!!!!! i love you Adam Owen!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Owens replied...
Sept. 13, 2011 at 9:20 am
Too bad the feeling isn't mutual

ambnyc This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I think you can fall in love at any age. Love doesn't have a set time, age, or date to happen. A couple can go out a few weeks and be in love, or a few years and be in love. It doesn't matter.

I also think you can fall in and out of love, that there is no predestined "soulmate" for you - but that there are many people with the potential to be.

JusticeLiberty replied...
I TOTALLY AGREE! Except I also think that you have to know yourself to truly know and love someone else... and teens are still developing their character and their preferences in character. Other than that I am in agreement.

Kylie-o said...
I personally believe in teenage love. I think teenage love is the best shape and form of love because teenagers are newer to love than adults and sometimes are more open. Almost every couple in my family has met their loved ones in high school and that's just amazing. It's amazing to know exactly what you want and find it in a person so young. :)

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think that what teenagers are capable of feeling for each other is indeed love – the same kind of love that adults feel for each other, however much they may deny it. The problem is just that teenagers are usually mature or responsible enough to handle, say, getting married. But by my standards, you don't have to be all that mature to be in love. :)

emolover95 said...
I personally don't believe that "teen love" is something that exists in my life. That does not mean that it doesn't exist for someone else. So good for you guys that have it. That's really neat! That's really special.

Kelli_2011This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
TEENAGE LOVE IS SO REAL!!!

JitchDiaries said...
Teenage love exists! Love happens to anyone, anytime, anywhere. 

alexandria1124 said...
Love, in my opinion, is true dedication, loyalty and commitment. Most teens aren't put into situations that require those things, so it makes it easier on their relationship. You love someone, when you've went to Earths end for them. And, if you're a teen when you experience that, then that's teenage love. Though, most don't experience until adulthood. 

andromeda13 replied...
what about pple who have gotten divorced? if your parents got divorced would u deny that they had ever loved each other?

alexandria1124 replied...
Considering this article is about teenage love, and not divorce, I hadn't considered it. It's two different subjects, my same opinions don't apply in both situations because it's different circumstances...?

cloudydays29 said...
Love is a personal thing, wheather it comes when you are fifteen or seventy two, and i believe it can happen anytime, anywhere.

Rarity said...
Jul. 21, 2011 at 11:51 am
Does it matter if you believe in High School love or not? You'll feel the same thing either way, it's just what you want to call it. 

RandomInspiration replied...
Great point I agree completely

kksexi12 replied...
i really agree with you Rarity and RandomInspiration

Meggy129 said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 12:28 am
the problem today with teenage love is that the word love is tossed around so carelessly its disgusting. I personally believe in it but the problem is a lot of people over use that word but I also beileve that its not just teenagers who over use that word. If the word love wasn't used so easily and casually then maybe love would be easier to define.

callie15 replied...
Sept. 3, 2011 at 1:55 am
Totally agree with you :)

far.from.you. said...

I absolutley believe in teenage love,(: I've struggled with some... intense problems the past couple years, i thought no one understood me. Until one day a boy in the grade above me started talking to me, then he started telling me about him, and then the day came when he found out the real me, well the "screwed up" me.. i thought our friendship was over, but then he helped me, & talked me through everything. I must have cried in fron of him 20 times, and he always was there, no matter wh... (more »)

k.s.hThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

I really don't know what I think about the subject.  I'm only a tween/preteen and I really don't even know if I can comment on this kind of thing.  On one hand, I think it's fate for some teenagers to fall in love and the relationship is serious.  On the other hand, I see a lot of silly puppy love crap. 

????????????????