I Love You

I love you.

It’s said all the time. But do people really mean it? Do they know the difference between true love and just a fling?

My best friend had her first boyfriend this year and about three or four months into the relationship, they started saying I love you. The sad thing is, is that they never kissed. Every time she would say I love you, I wanted to ask her, “Do you really?”

I don’t think that you truly love someone until your willing to give up anything and everything to be with them. I love you is meant to be forever, not just a few months or a year.

The saddest part about this is that “I love you” is both overused, and not said enough. For the people who really need to hear it, it’s not heard. But for the people that say it just to say it, you hear it all the time.

Love is a powerful word; it can either break your heart, or complete it. Don’t say “I love you” unless you truly mean it. Everyone will find their true love one day - or at least, that’s what I like to believe - because it’s not just in fairy tales.

Helena J. said...
Sept. 16, 2009 at 10:35 am
love is powerful it can be said it can mean something so deep but some never mean it

DreamGlider said...
Sept. 8, 2009 at 10:15 am
Love is something that grows and develops with time. You're completely correct. The term "I love you" is greatly overused. I think as teenagers, we're all searching for that love upon a higher level, but we're not actually ready to commit to such a thing.

SarahZ said...
Thats so true. I love you be a powerful word but if someone says it too much you kinda go numb to it. Keep writing :)

Karli Y. replied...
thats so true i said i love you to my first boyfriend and i dont think he really said anything back when i first said he said ahhhhh that is really true

134515 replied...
tht really stinks. but i totally agree. i love you. isnt really a word tht you should use a word all the time. because if you dtart saying it to friends as a friendly remakrk, than when u actually mean it than they might not take the sentance seriously

Rocky Y. replied...
your totaly right i think that i love u is just something people say to get kissed and it is defintly overused.

love2ride replied...
I think all of u have such a good point in this beacuse their are a lot of pepeol who tend to say things they realy dont mean its just a word that comes out..