Habitat Loss | Teen Ink

Habitat Loss

I love animals so much, and its sad to know that their homes are being torn down because of us. Construction is ruining animal homes and taking away their only land. Animal territory will keep decreasing if we don't put a stop to this! Just think, how would you feel if your home was ruined because someone decided to put a building where your home once was? People don't see this as a big deal, but I truly is. Look into it and finally think about the animals for once.

First of all, think about all the animals that will die and get sick because of all this! The animals that once had homes, from the bugs that lived in the ground, to the animals that ate them, could possibly disappear. Some may relocate, but there will be lots of other animals there. Because of this action, there will not be enough food and water for all of them, sadly. Also, the trucks and other machines they use to build, will put chemicals in the air. Which will cause even more animals to die.

Second of all, habitat loss is possibly the greatest threat to the natural world. Habitat loss is generally more serious to larger animals because they need a larger area to have a healthy breeding population. Habitat loss is identified as being the main threat to 85% of threatened or endangered animals. Europe's wetlands are an important habitat for a countless number of animals, but around 60% has been damaged. Now do you understand why and how much animals homes are being damaged because of us?

Finally, habitat loss is also a huge problem in the marine environment. We do destructive fishing and use dynamite which can ruin a whole ecosystem. Why do people care about themselves more than the fact that they are destroying homes of animals, not just on land, but in water too!? Another problem is oil spills. Oil spills can hurt and kill animals, ruin their homes, and pollute oceans and lakes all at once. I can't stress it enough how much I care about the habitat of an animal and also an animal itself.

In conclusion, I care about animals and their homes. I love animals so much and they make me so happy. Animals can die and get sick because of us. Habitat loss is one of the greatest threats to the natural world. Also, habitat loss is also a huge problem in the marine environment as well. Hopefully, now you can see the reason why it's so important to stop destruction of animal homes!  

I love animals sooooooo much!<3