Recycling | Teen Ink

Recycling

By ned22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
ned22 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Have you ever seen a stray piece of garbage on the ground?? Did you ever hesitant to pick it up? While some people say that recycling is good for the environment and can be good for our daily life, but others think recycling can cost to much and waste time.  Some people say that recycling can waste time and cost to much to help sort and reuse, but recycling helps make the environment clean and there are services that help with that, so that makes it a good resources.  Recycling is good for us and can help the earth stay fresh and not go to waste.

This argument is how recycling is a good thing for life.  Recycling began when people started to not care about throwing trash away and that is when people started to help and come up with clean up services to help.  People around the  world with this issue also provide help by cleaning up their communities.”A nonprofit called the Recycling Partnership exists to help boost recycling rates by teaching residents what should and should not go into their bins”  “The money in recycling has vanished; what do states, cities do now?” by Jon Frandsen. Other people will say that recycling can waste time and is not a good way to waste your life, but it is helping people to not be living around garbage and helps everyone stay healthy.  Some people in different parts of the world live around garbage and their are a few beaches that are surrounded in garbage making birds and fish  sick and sometimes having the chance of death. 

It is true that, Environmental Protection Agency says that if you recycle 1 ton of plastic and aluminum cans, we can save carbon dioxide.  The agency had also said “ we collect a lot” “ we need to get good at reusing them and making a market out of them” by   Jon Frandsen in article “Recycling industry faces problems”.

Some people don’t care about recycling and that’s not the best thing, they just decide to throw away recyclables in the trash, and when people help sort garbage they get trash and is harder for them.  That’s also another reason why recycling is important because the people that actually have to take care of your trash do not have it easy all the time because they have to deal with what some people don’t really recycle.  Some people have recycling as a job and when they sort and help with the reusing system sometimes they get trash and then it can make things harder for them.  People can take recycling seriously and others not so much but more evidence shows that recycling is a good thing to do. 

On the other hand, it is good to recycle because if you recycle it can save more money because we are reusing things making it not cost as much to remake items.  90% of what we throw away could potentially be recovered through a reusing system, recyclables like aluminum, plastic, and metal cans can be put back on shelves if recycled properly. All of our garbage and recyclables are hopefully in a landfill and not on our roads, there is actually a lot of space that is available for out garbage so I advise that people should actively be responsible for their garbage. The quote, “Most communities that already collect recyclables from a single bin are unlikely to change any time soon.” by Jon Frandsen shows that people are unlikely to change.

Recycling is good and can waste time, yet both sides are correct. Restated claim: Recycling is good because it is a good source for the environment and  communities. Acknowledging the other side: but recycling also takes time and effort if you get involved. Why claim and evidence matters: Recycling matters because if you were to just keep trash sitting everywhere and leave it there it would get gross and then other things would start to pile up with it and possibly some animal would eat it and get sick and we could probably get sick from the trash laying around so that why it is good to recycle and help us. Recycling can suck up time depending on how much you clean and help, some people say that recycling is not a good resource and it can waste your time just cleaning and cleaning, but then you can go home knowing that you helped people by cleaning up. Leave the reader thinking about something Recycling is good and if you see trash you should try and help clean up the environment.