It'll only last for so long, guys! | Teen Ink

It'll only last for so long, guys!

By fortheloveofwriting GOLD, A Place, Oklahoma
fortheloveofwriting GOLD, A Place, Oklahoma

"Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life."
~Pablo Picasso

Love is patient, love is kind; it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
1 Corinthians 13:4
A man's ways are his own, but the LORD weighs the heart.

I understand that sometimes it's hard to think about preserving the earth all the time. Honestly, I don't do it either. I think we all need to try a little harder to take care of this earth, because not everything is a renewable resource. I mean, the earth has 75% water, but only 1% is good enough for human consumption. That really isn't very much, guys. We HAVE to save some of the resources this earth has.
If you have scrap paper and need to write something down, use the other side. My mom had a valid point the other day. See, she wants one of those electronic book readers, but wasn't positive if she wanted to get it. I asked her to list the reasons for wanting it, and one she said was that it saved a lot of trees. We need to save trees,and i bet every single one of you has heard this, but trees are homes to endangered species. We all need to get trash picked up, try to recycle, and save resources that are either non-renewable or take thousands-millions of years to form.

With global warming and everything else going on, I really think we, me included, need to consider what we are doing to this planet.

squirtsMcGee said...
Overall, this article was well written; however, the problems discussed only scratch the surface of what the predicament truly is. Further research, would suggest that everyday items and services (electricity, streets and roads, even wind turbines) require large amounts of potentially harmful chemicals and solids just to produce such services. Yes, picking up rubbish on the street is a good start, but in order for us to truly delve into the roots of the problem, one must adjust the very fabrics of daily living to achieve such a goal.  But great job mmmmk!

cookie_monster99 GOLD, Manalapan, New Jersey
this article seems like it is going from one point to another to another without a central idea. You should pick one topic and stick with it. In the beginning you mentioned the water problem, but later on you make a point about the killing of trees. Anyway, the topic you selected was very good, and your facts were supportive of the text. Good job and keep writing!

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

Exactly, you are right! Do you know whats sad? No one cares=( People just don't get it. They think global warming is a hoax! Grr. But your article is so correct and great job! You should read mine it is called "we are the next generation"