It'll only last for so long, guys! | Teen Ink

It'll only last for so long, guys!

November 27, 2009
By fortheloveofwriting GOLD, A Place, Oklahoma
fortheloveofwriting GOLD, A Place, Oklahoma
11 articles 13 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life."
~Pablo Picasso


Love is patient, love is kind; it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
1 Corinthians 13:4
A man's ways are his own, but the LORD weighs the heart.


I understand that sometimes it's hard to think about preserving the earth all the time. Honestly, I don't do it either. I think we all need to try a little harder to take care of this earth, because not everything is a renewable resource. I mean, the earth has 75% water, but only 1% is good enough for human consumption. That really isn't very much, guys. We HAVE to save some of the resources this earth has.
If you have scrap paper and need to write something down, use the other side. My mom had a valid point the other day. See, she wants one of those electronic book readers, but wasn't positive if she wanted to get it. I asked her to list the reasons for wanting it, and one she said was that it saved a lot of trees. We need to save trees,and i bet every single one of you has heard this, but trees are homes to endangered species. We all need to get trash picked up, try to recycle, and save resources that are either non-renewable or take thousands-millions of years to form.


The author's comments:
With global warming and everything else going on, I really think we, me included, need to consider what we are doing to this planet.