Why People Should Recycle | Teen Ink

Why People Should Recycle

People need to understand the importance of recycling and the benefits of it and how it can help the Earth, animals, and even humans too.  Recycling could help and prevent many disastrous problems that may happen in the future from pollution and natural resource shortage. Recycling can be very helpful to the environment and for humans. So people should recycle more because it could help the environment, reduce landfill, decrease pollution, and conserve natural resources. Pollution and using up natural resources is a major problem and that it can affect us throughout our lives.  This problem could lead up to other problems such as natural resource shortage, endangered animals that are becoming extinct, no more forests, dirty air, and many other disastrous problems that could happen in the future if we do not recycle enough.

Recycling can reduce landfill which takes up space and releases harmful gases into the air by the landfills and the air will become very dirty.  As more trash goes in landfills, the bigger they become.  Products that are not biodegradable that are in landfills can remain in landfills for centuries, which release gases in the air that could harm the environment.  This shows that without recycling, landfills will take up a lot of space and then try to make new landfills and filling them up with trash and then make more landfills.  If this keeps going on, we would not have any space and the habitats would be destroyed.  Also non biodegradable products that goes in landfills will stay there for hundreds of years while emitting harmful gases into the air and those chemicals could poison lakes, ponds, rivers, and even oceans.  Furthermore, If those non biodegradable products release harmful gases into the air, people won't be able to breath in the air because it is not safe.

Another reason is that recycling can decreases pollution from landfills.  Waste in landfills release gases as it rots. Which can pollute the environment. Recycling can reduce pollution by taking used items and recycling them without having them go into landfills and prevent pollution. , This shows that recycling prevents waste going into landfills and having them rot for years which pollutes the environment.  Moreover, pollution comes from landfills, which means that recycling more could lead to less landfills which will then lead to less pollution.   Recycling non-biodegradable products could prevent them from being in landfills and emitting gases in the air that could harm the environment. 

The third reason is that recycling helps conserve resources because we could use the same resource again without getting more natural resources to make new ones.  If more trees are cut down to make products out of it, it will affect wildlife and environment in a significant way. Additionally, If more trees are cut down for products every year, we’ll eventually have no more trees in a few years.  We could just use the same resource instead of cutting down more trees or getting other natural resource.  Instead of just getting more natural resource and wasting it by putting it in landfills when products could just be used again without cutting more trees or using other natural resource.  Some people may think that recycling is a waste of time. However, every bit of effort and time into saving our environment and preventing a disastrous future for people will help a lot in the long run.

Some people will also think that they should not recycle. However, they should realize that if more landfills are created, more harmful gases released into the air, habitat loss, animals being extinct, and having dirty air, than people will be affected by having shorter life span, harder to breath in fresh air, harder to recover from illness, and can cause many other health problems.

People should recycle more because it could benefit the environment and humans too. It can help us by preventing landfills being created, prevent pollution, and conserve resources.  People could live a longer lifespan, lead a healthy life, easily recover from illness, and can prevent other health problems in the future. But that can only happen if we have a good environment and cleaner air. However, there is landfills that cause pollution from rotting non-biodegradable products that sit there for centuries and emit harmful gases into the air.

Landfills and pollution can change our lives and future. By recyling, you could prevent a disastrous future. I want people to read this article and be inpired by it and start recycling.