Reasons for Recycling | Teen Ink

Reasons for Recycling

By JaidenBonilla BRONZE, Glenpool, Oklahoma
JaidenBonilla BRONZE, Glenpool, Oklahoma

If you don't recycle, here are some reasons you should try to start. Recycling protects natural resources, and is a lot better for animals as well as humans! It lowers the amount of plastic in the ocean as well as the amount of water contamination.

Recycling is more useful and important than people may think, the more we recycle the better impact it has on our environment. After a while if no one recycles our Earth will be very polluted. It keeps resources, that we need, protected (It also protects animals and humans). If people start to recycle then the amount of animals who die due to plastic in their habitat will be lowered. If less and less humans recycle then there may or may not be enough safe, drinkable water for everyone and everything in this world.

The resources that we use regularly can be protected by recycling.  By recycling old/ used materials are made into new ones which can be used over and over again. And even oils such as engine oil can be recycled after use and is a lot better for living things.

Plastic is one thing that should be recycled more often because animals everywhere could mistake it for food and it would cause suffocation, digestive problems, choking, and death. Plastic can also contaminate water with all of the chemicals put into them.

Non usable electronics or machines can have deadly substances in them which can find a way to bodies of water and soil, if not recycled. If the materials inside the object get to water and soil it can pollute water causing death to animals and humans if they drink the water. If in soil it can kill off plants causing starvation and less clean oxygen.

If you haven't gone to get a recycling bin by now i don't know if you'll ever change your ways!  Protection of the things we use regularly can make a huge difference, although people may say that the materials we use will not be gone for years but we may as well start reusing and recycling things so that they might never be gone in the first place. Plastic may be our friend now but it will soon be our enemy for contaminating our water, as well as the electronics, some may be lifesavers but they will soon be the death of us for killing the plants we need for food and contaminating the water we need.