The Love of Weather | Teen Ink

The Love of Weather

March 25, 2015
By shimone BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
shimone BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If your shens hurt, use the foam roller" -Dan Mix


Ever since I was a little kid I can remember sitting on the porch watching thunderstorms with my dad.  Watching and studying the weather has always been one of my passions.  I have always loved the weather and I plan on becoming a storm chaser.  I am truly addicted to storms, not only thunderstorms but also snowstorms.  The process that storms form is so complex and it amazes me everyday.  It is an endless process of me wanting to learn more about how weather systems form and the excitement of watching their power.  Weather has had a huge impact on my life and that is why I love it.  There is something about the power and intensity of a storm that can form in a couple of minutes. I spend many hours each day looking at weather forecast and how it effects the formation of weather systems. The excitement and happiness that storms and weather brings to me is enough to fill an average persons day with excitement. Also the beauty of the weather is amazing.  The fact that a natural process occurring on earth can be so beautiful just astonishes me.  Although the weather can be beautiful and exciting it can also be dangerous.  The fact about me is that danger gets my heart racing and I love adrenaline.  Before a storm is about to hit I get the feeling that most people get before riding The Dragster at Cedar Point.  It’s the feeling of this could be dangerous but it will be the best experience in my life.  There are many reason why I study and track the weather and there are many reasons why I will continue to study the weather, but mostly because it is what I have always loved. Weather will always affect human life, which means I will get to see and study what I love forever.