Lights in the Sky | Teen Ink

Lights in the Sky

January 11, 2015
By orionsbelt BRONZE, Harrisonburg, Virginia
orionsbelt BRONZE, Harrisonburg, Virginia
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
money is not freedom truth is, truth is the biggest mistake but unlike lies truth also makes your best life.


When you  here this title you think the stars right, well not in this case I live In a small city called Harrisonburg, and I like to study the stars, but  when I look up in the night its almost like its five o clock in the morning. So as you can imagine its pretty hard for me to see the constellations, planets, or even sometimes the moon. See the problem is pollution, I’m not talking about climate change or leaving plastic bags on the ground.  I’m talking about our holy force field, our protection armor, from the deadliest weapon known to us, none other than the sun, I’m talking about the  closest force field to us the ozone layer.  And when I say global warming I’m actually talking about the destroying of the ozone layer,  because people don’t realize that if our ozone layer is destroyed then were one step closer to being obliterated. People are always saying  one change makes a difference well wouldn’t it be smarter to say,  one change makes a domino effect  and I’m tired of waiting for somebody to push me so I’m pushing myself.  By talking to governors and local leaders we can tell them to turn off store lights, stadium lights, ect., cause I’m pretty sure there’s not going to be a football game all night, and I can tell you that we can use way less light to light our lives.


The  Facts

1.CFLs or compacts fluorescent light bulbs the spiral expensive bulb contain mercury which is extremely harmful and can kill people if it is broken and the vapors are inhaled.

2.CFLs also admitted high ultraviolet light which is harmful to skin cells and the sky.

3.look up at the sky in a fairly populated area and see for your self.

 


This is not my city but it is a fair example.