Environment eassay | Teen Ink

Environment eassay

By Evan2319 BRONZE, Plymouth, Michigan
Evan2319 BRONZE, Plymouth, Michigan

In our world we have a big problem with trash. With all the trash in our world we are going to run out of space to put it. But, I think I might have a solution for our problem. For instance we can use a lot more recyclable material. Like when using paper grocery bags we could use paper bags instead. But where we most need help is with the main objects we use every day. The objects I am talking about are diapers, Styrofoam cups, fishing line, plastic bag, and plastic bottle all take about between 50 years and 600 years to decompose. Almost all of these objects are replaceable with recyclable material. Diapers can be replaced with re-washable rags or towels. Styrofoam cups can be replace with paper cups which have already been on the market but Styrofoam is still on top. Fishing lines are very good when it comes to fishing but when not being fishing line it’s becoming more less decomposable material for our land fills. Plastic bags are good for carrying groceries but when in our land fills or on the streets. When on the street they can blow into forest and harm the animals that live there. The plastic bags can also take up to 20-1000 years to decompose.