Space | Teen Ink

Space

June 4, 2013
By Anonymous

Space is one of the few infinite substances we humans are aware of. We can’t have unlimited water, or air, or almost anything, except space. Space, as we know it, goes on and on and on, and never stops. Because there is infinite space, is there a use for it? Yes there is, but it’s only that it can take up space. This means we will never have nowhere to go, because by the time we humans take up too much of earth’s space, we’ll be able to travel in time, be riding hovercrafts, and will be living on other planets. * But for now, we’re stuck on plain, old planet earth. At first, you would think that earth is one of the most diverse places in the universe, but there are so many things we’re missing out on. Maybe there is life somewhere else in which they possess greater technology than us. Also, there is most likely way more elements out there in space, not here, but somewhere. There probably are temperatures lower than our lowest, higher than our highest, rockets faster than ours, a species that stands to be a threat as the top of the grand food chain of the universe.

My mind takes me far across the universe, for maybe there is something out there that we don’t know about, yet we may think that something great and powerful is out there, yet the most fascinating thing may be just a spec; but with the influences, ideas, and creativity of today, it could might as well be anything. Anything that we don’t’ know about the lives somewhere across the universe at the moment might as well be a spec of dust, because it could be anything. Our galaxy, The Milky Way, already seems tremendously huge. It would take 100,000 years to get across it going at the speed of light! And our galaxy is just a spec in our universe, and our universe may not even be the only one! How do we know this all? Scientists of long ago, today, and certainly the future are all trying to figure it all out. For example, we can find the distance between certain galaxies because of extremely bright exploding stars called supernovas. We do so by using the amount of brightness we can see to calculate how far away it is. Even out of our galaxy, things may seem to be much stranger as we continue to explore.


The author's comments:
Space inspired, looking into the skies.