Tragedies | Teen Ink

Tragedies

January 23, 2013
By Anonymous

Hurricane Sandy:
In Hurricane Sandy, I had some family members that suffered when it occurred. They told me what happened and how it all was a terrible event. It brought the worst of people of stealing things and taking advantage of the even so they could steal things form stores. It also brought the best of people because, the people who got affected by the hurricane came together and united as a community to help each other rebuild their once beautiful hometown again.

Holocaust:
The holocaust brought the worst and best of people. It brought the worst of people because; they wanted one race to be completely wiped out and to no longer exist. In addition, it mentally and emotionally affected Jewish people mostly. It brought the best of people because, some people offered to help Jewish people and to hide them. Also, it brought the best of people by, people going through the holocaust helping one another but in times in which the weather is cold and harsh it brought the worst of them by not sharing any food. Overall, it brought the best of people by making their stories and suffering be heard for it may never happened again for if it does we will all have a war the will end the world, a NUCLEAR WAR!
Tsunami that hit Japan:
This tragedy showed the best and worst of people. This showed the worst of people because, some people just left their loved ones to die for they could survive. In some cases, there were babies that kept crying and parents just left them there to die. Also this brought the best of people because, some people actually tried saving others not themselves especially elderly people. It also brought the best of them because; as a community rebuild Japan and made it much more beautiful. However, now they know to not play around with nature but let nature take action...