Every drop counts | Teen Ink

Every drop counts

By Melo42 BRONZE, Camabridge, Massachusetts
Melo42 BRONZE, Camabridge, Massachusetts

Society doesn't understand the resources they have; clothes, shoes, light, shelter and clean water. ? of the world doesn't have access to clean water. You hear about the countries meetup and discuss about global world problems. They talk about economic issues and argue with each other about war and money but they would never spend the time to invest their money into machines to clean contaminated water. I bet they would never bring up or discuss about the biggest problem the world faces today. There are too many people without access to clean water. That’s a problem.
It wasn't until I was watching the geography channel that I recognized how many people in just Africa don't have clean water, so I took the liberty for my self to find the exact number . According to http://water.org/water-crisis/water-facts/water/ there are 343 million people that don’t have access to clean water to drink or to bathe with in Africa. But it doesn't stop there.
There are millions and millions more people in the world that don’t have clean water, in Europe and America combined, there are 4 million people without access to clean water that number will keep on rising if we don’t make a change. But theres a lot more people than you think that don't have clean water, latin America+The Caribbean there is 38 million and Asia theres 260 million people without access to clean water. In total theres 884 million people without access to clean water, when I saw that number I was overwhelmed and disappointed about how the world would just stand by and let this crisis keep on going and escalating.
Every 20 seconds a child dies from a water related illness but that could be stop if our government investing and spend money on machines or water cleaning systems so we could reduce these numbers of deaths. But us as citizens of America we also play a big part in it to. We can turn off the water and make every drop count.