Where the Wind Blows | Teen Ink

Where the Wind Blows

February 24, 2012
By Suhitha Veeravelli BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Suhitha Veeravelli BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Birds chirping, a cool breeze on my back, and the spray of cool water against my legs, in other words: paradise. Once I visited Yosemite National Park, I fell in love with the scenic waterfall area. The sound of the water crashing down the rocks and gurgling down the mountain in a creek transports you to a site nearby the ocean. As it tumbled down, the water glinted with the shine of the brilliant sun. Crisp, clean air filled my nose as I breathed in the sweet smelling spray of pristine water. I pulled off my shoes and dipped my toes into the chilly water that sent a shiver down my spine. Water washed over my toes as if cleansing my body of its impurities. Nearby trees danced in the wind as their leaves jostled from the power of the waterfall. As I surveyed the scene, I imagined it could have been something as fantastical as the beautiful cascades of Shangri-La. Animals bounded around the falls and grazed on the green, lush meadows of grass. Deer roamed the surrounding area and birds chirped mating calls to each other from the treetops. I climbed the rocks that lined the outside of the waterfall and tried to go behind it. To my delight, I saw a lush abundance of green plants and beautiful flowers that grew nurtured behind the waterfall. Bright sunlight and an easy supply of water allowed the flowers and plants to grow to their maximum potential and create a garden of paradise to add to the beautiful scene. I remember vividly the day when I first visited the beautiful waterfall at Yosemite National Park, and I shall never forget it.