Global Warming Killed Common Sense | Teen Ink

Global Warming Killed Common Sense

December 28, 2010
By Bricheze SILVER, Salt Lake City, Utah
Bricheze SILVER, Salt Lake City, Utah
8 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There are three kinds of people in the world: those who make change happen, those who watch change happen, and those who ask what happened. Be one of those who make change." -Robert Buchanan


In a recent article titled "‘Unexpectedly’! Global Warming Continues to Bury East Coast in Blizzard" Robert Stacy McCain said, "Global warming is a hoax, a dishonest racket. A crooked scam whose chief purpose is to provide taxpayer-funded employment for “environmental science” majors. In a truly just society, the perpetrators of this hoax would be treated like Bernie Madoff."


That’s right, the fact that it snows in the winter is solid proof that global warming is a crock and that scientists should be prosecuted. Never mind that warming is predicted to raise global temperatures only by low single digits and that no climate scientist anywhere has predicted the end of snowfalls, if there isn’t actual fire raining down from the sky, the whole thing is obviously hooey.

Let’s not pay attention to the fact that these catastrophic snow storms have increased drastically in the past 10 years, with no scientific explanation. I mean, aside from global warming. But scientists are obviously distracted! They’re too lazy to do their jobs, and explore other options. So that’s why they all blame it on global warming! Must not be true then!

The fact that global warming would create more storms — in the summer and winter — is not only logically consistent, but obvious. I don’t mean to be rude by any means, but the theory of global warming states that the gradual warming of the earths average temperature is slowly melting the ice caps at the north and south pole. Thus there is more water in the atmosphere leading to an increase in precipitation. The increase in the amount of snowfall leads to proving the theory — not discrediting it.

I think people have forgotten just who owns the media. After the first media outcry of “GLOBAL WARMING, OMGZZ WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE!!” Corporations that are for global warming, who don’t care at all what happens to the earth (and thus our kids and the polar bears) in a hundred years, started to pay the media to print a “hoax” label all over their stories. Now all you see in the news is how global warming was a hoax and we’re all just gonna be fine and dandy, so stop your worrying and go buy a new guilt-free hummer!

Rich people can afford expensive air conditioners. The other 99% of the population needs to still worry about this.