The World | Teen Ink

The World

By girlsknowhowtoparty SILVER, Loveland, Ohio
girlsknowhowtoparty SILVER, Loveland, Ohio

If life gives you lemons - throw them back and demand tacos!!!! O-O

The cry of the world is often ignored,just like the cry of a beggar. A man stands in the street,homeless.No one gives him a glance. For hours he stands, hours later a little girl about the age of five comes up. She reaches out her little hands giving all the money she has.Her mother comes up and quickly ushers her inside the car.

Now think about the time when their was no cars only wildlife.Now lets fast forward-Destruction, animals dying , flashes of stillborn children lying dead in their mothers arms, death, pollution , chaos, this all ignored.

This world as we used to know it is fading away. The babys cry is the same as the beggars cry.Still nobody listens to the silent plea.

A unfortunate deer lies dead at the side of the road. A van full of teens zoom by. One leans out and yells ''roadkill!!''. The teens laugh as they ride away.

Now think how people care about each other,that is a little glimpse of the world should be like! What do we want our world to be like?

ITS OUR CHOICE.

today said...
Like your writing and sentiments.  Thanks for submitting it.

sundance said...
on Nov. 17 2010 at 11:46 am

If only we could all be as sensitive as this writer to the suffering in the world....many problems would disappear due to an abundance of caring! 

ps  I tried to give 5 stars, but this site would only let me click on 1....must be a problem that needs to be fixed.

anythnk said...
on Nov. 11 2010 at 11:56 am
I think this is why the world views us as ugly Americans.  The teaching of positive attitudes begins at home, and the best teachers of morals and values are the parents.  Parents should teach their children to care, but many are just "too busy," and expect the schools to do it.  Thanks for this reminder that we should stop and care.  

VERY TOUCHING AND THOUGHFUL. SO MUCH CARING...I'M REALLY GLAD I READ THIS.