They aren’t real-are they? | Teen Ink

They aren’t real-are they?

May 24, 2019
By Flowers1221 BRONZE, Sparks, Nevada
Flowers1221 BRONZE, Sparks, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Haven’t you ever thought about if there were other beings besides us in the universe? I’m sure many of you have and it’s not a crazy thought. There have been reports of aliens that date back to the Egyptian Era! Not to mention, the millions of reports of UFOs and actual alien encounters told by credible individuals. So, in reality, to believe that we aren’t the only individuals alive in this massive universe, is actually a valid thought, that could possibly be true.


There are many reports that back up this thought, from sightings to face-to face encounters, but there’s one famous encounter that really set the thought of Aliens being real in motion, the Betty and Barney Hill abduction. This incident occurred in September in 1961 and here’s how it went: On a warm September night, couple Betty and Barney hill were driving home, when they noticed a bright light that was seemingly following them. A few minutes later, they arrived home but feeling and looking different, dirty. Bettys dress was ripped, Barneys watch was no longer working and his suit was wrinkled. They realized that there were two hours missing from their memory. They quickly met with a Psychiatrist to figure out what they were missing or what exactly had happened and so that’s what happened. They remembered that gray beings with large black eyes had followed them and had them enter a metallic disk, that was as wide as her house was long, said by Betty. Then after they entered, they examined both of them and had their memories taken and were let go. The government heard of this claim and attempted to find some sort of logical explanation for this, from the couple being liars, crazy or sleep deprived (as they were driving in the middle of the night). Betty and Barney themselves beloved that at first, the strange light was a plane or satellite, but they were wrong. No explanation was solved and there was nothing left to prove the couple wrong, but this doesn’t stop the disbelief and skepticism.

Betty and Barney Hill describing the aircraft they encountered that September night.


There are much more than stories to back up this claim, there are many sightings and videos, or pictures taken of these incidents and sometimes there's even evidence left over. One important piece of evidence that is widely known is The Roswell UFO incident. This event occurred on June 14, 1947 in Roswell, New Mexico. It began when, Rancher, W.W. “Mac” Brazel and his son Vernon were driving across a ranch when they saw shining silver wreckage that included rubber strips, tin foil, ‘tough’ paper and sticks. At first, the rancher didn’t know what to do with the wreckage but soon after on July 4th, he collected all of it and delivered it to the sheriff 3 days later. The sheriff was desperate to find out what this mysterious wreckage was and so he took it to intelligence officer and they both concluded that they were in the possession of a ‘flying saucer’. The next day, Dahl, the intelligence officer, claimed he was sought out by the ‘men in black’, a group of government employed men and or ‘aliens’ whose job is to erase any piece of evidence of extraterrestrial existence out there. The government allegedly is attempting to cover up the actual saucer by saying it was just a weather balloon. Though, UFO researchers were quick to prove this wrong, saying that a weather balloon wouldn’t have been so light weight or silver. It’s now rumored that the actual saucer recovered from this incident is being kept in Nevada at Area 51: a place known to hold information and evidence toward the existence of aliens. In the end, there has been no actual conclusion of what this wreckage was, and no proof to prove the officers claim wrong or right, but many know that what that rancher recovered was indeed the remains of a flying saucer.


This shows what rancher W.W. claimed was the wreckage of a UFO.

In conclusion, there are far more pieces of evidence found by more credible sources out there to prove the existence of other-worldly beings living in our universe, we just choose to ignore the obvious because we can’t stand the thought of other beings far more advanced than us and who which we know nothing about existing; we are afraid of the unknown.