Against Drug Abuse

Drug abuse in America seems to be omnipresent. For teens peer pressure has a lot to do with it. Peer pressure is not so much as kids telling other kids that they should try them; it is more how easy drugs can be obtained.

Teens will buy packs of cigarettes and sell single lights to other teens for profit. Getting other drugs is just as easy. Some are as easy to get as mentioning them in a joke and somewhere some kid will be like “Oh, you want some? Here!” and hand them to you. Of course if the offer is taken then payment is considered and carried out. It seems teens don’t have a choice of what kind of people they want to hang out with.

It can be hard to decipher who is a druggie and who is clean; sometimes the actual druggie is a teen who appears well rounded. Even teachers get in on the whole drug transfer now and then. Apparently the drug trade is very profitable.

But it is ridiculous! Why are drugs so popular among teens and now preteens? A lack of motivation to do other things and little self-respect are the most common reasons a person can offer. People want to get away from their pain, or “have a good time”; but what is so wrong with staying away from these dangers.

Drugs are a dangerous trap that lie in wait for every single person; but can be overcome.

So many people want to help those struggling with the terrors of drug abuse.

Roxo said...
Oct. 21, 2012 at 6:31 am:
I would really like to know why it is that you write this like what you are saying is all true. I hope you know that per presure is the worst method, do you ever think just from a different view that maybe just saying "hey never touch drugs they are bad" is more motive for someone to do them? cause once rules are set people become restricted and want to know why they were restricted. i would say most teens and preteens think this way. Drugs are showed in media as just something that on... (more »)

Opinionated said...
To start; I agree with most of the article. Drugs are very easily obtained and goes around like if it were rumors. But I don't think that drugs are all bad, weed, I mean. I think that all it takes is a good sense of responsibility to know when to take it and how much. My views on marijuanna are like this, as I have read in an other article, when smoking weed, it turns off parts of your brain as it turns on others, such as a bigger sense of creativity and is gre... (more »)

breath_of_air replied...
Nov. 5, 2010 at 5:28 pm :
thanks for the comment. if you're saying you agree with moderation, i'll take that. what's bad is when it becomes a too often occurence and does all those horrible things to your body like you mentioned. :)

Opinionated replied...
Nov. 5, 2010 at 5:34 pm :
I agree. :D

liLloserlaugh said...
Sept. 4, 2010 at 8:55 am:
A tid bit from the author... Thanks to every one who has read this article. It's the truth and some times it surprises even me to see these things being played out and being clueless what to do. All I can ask is that you talk to your friends about it and encourage each other to stay away from drugs. Some people will try it and not like it. Some people will try it and hate it. It doesn't matter though, just don't get into the habit of doing them.