Pot Should Be Legal | Teen Ink

Pot Should Be Legal

My view on drugs has definetly changed over the past year. I think marijuana should be legal. Why? Because I don't think it's that dangerous of a drug. It slows down your body process and calms you down. As long as your in a safe place while your smoking it, not much will happen. Lets face it, well at least in my school, 7 out of 10 teens have tried pot. And the kids in my school aren't stupid kids mmost of them get A's and B's. Personally i think the economy will go up if pot becomes legal. If we tax on pot, the government will make some money. A lot of high school and college will be willing to pay for pot. Look at Holland drugs are legal there and their country is a thriving country. I think pot should be legal for people 18 and older. People shouldn't be allowed to smoke pot and drive and should only be allowed to buy a certain amount a year. That is my view on pot.

on Jan. 3 2017 at 10:28 am
i-hate-jacob-riles, Wilmore, Kentucky

up yours

you got addicted because your inner junkie came out pots not addictive so if u get addicted its in ya mind

JEFFF said...
JEFFF,
Stupid!! you smoke pot which is illegal, then you tell the INTERNET!! you are going to kill yourself with drugs you stupid IDIOT

Fallenangels SILVER, Allen, Texas
you know, I once would have agreed with this. Yes it relaxes you, in body and in morals. I started with weed, saying that's as far as I'd go. Yesterday was my last day from meth withdrawl..... It makes you want more and more till weed no longer satisfies. It makes you think that you have self control, and then when you do something that is addctive, you don't know what hit you... I plead with you to stop while you can, or you will look like me...

yagirl_kb said...
on Sep. 12 2014 at 11:13 am
yagirl_kb, St.Paul, Minnesota
i agree with this article because if weed was legal then the 12 woulldnt have to have so many problems. & people can be happy!

on Aug. 24 2014 at 12:49 am
Caesar123 DIAMOND, Union Grove, Wisconsin

"Madness in great ones must not unwatched go" --Claudius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet

Quick and to the point, though the other guys are right, you should probably work on your grammar. I personally don’t do pot and I would suggest you not either. Despite what people say, I feel like there could be more productive things you could be doing rather than getting high. Also the stigma that still comes with smoking the stuff would be best avoided by simply not doing it. Please consider not smoking.

dreamyscar said...
dreamyscar, Costa Mesa, California
I agree! He was probably high lol

JakeSmiles BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Very good article, but your grammer is appaling 

Lexxiiee BRONZE, Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
I partially agree with your opinon. It is valid. I feel like if pot was legalized but laws were put on it, it would be okay. Just like alcohol. The effects of alcohol on a persons body are alot more dangerous then the effects that marijuanna can have on  your body. Never the less i think with time that pot will eventually be legalized in a lot of states. It is just a matter of time, but there should definitely be restrications to pot if it were to be legalized.

on Jan. 24 2014 at 1:23 am
Mister_J PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado

"Captain, I wish to report a mutiny. I can name fingers and point names." - Captain Jack Sparrow

I can not agree with what you say. While pot may calm you and just slow you down at first, after a while it starts eating away at brain. I know someone who worked at a mental prison, and the people there that had smoked pot before got their brain x-rayed. When the x-ray came out, there was virtually no functioning brain matter inside their head.

on Dec. 18 2013 at 10:57 am
GabriellaRoars PLATINUM, Madison, Wisconsin

"....I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...."
-Tears of Fears-Mad World

Couldn't agree more.  Almost everyone I know that smokes is an honors student.  Making it legal would also help the government because they could tax it, their wasting money making it illegal. 

shorty_1998 BRONZE, Vossburg, Mississippi

sweet as sugar
hard as ice
hurt me once
ill kill you twice

i love this artical cause it is so true! i have tried it and i can so relate to it!

I think that to get the loan from creditors you ought to have a good reason. However, once I've received a small business loan, just because I was willing to buy a house.

This story Is REALYGOOD <3

Chi-Boy G said...
This article is well said and are very true as well, Marijuana is not a ''dangerous" drug and does not make you think bad unless you yourself thinks that way.

Westsider said...
That actually should be put into consideration. I agree with everything you said. Drugs is not for everyone and many people do it for the thrill of others doing it because it's cool or so. but that may not always be the case. Drugs are usually an adiction to the effect it has on you. When it comes down to the economy, legalizing weed would be the best thing this government can do. It will help the economy a lot. Many people whether friends or strangers do it. i see them doing it or they tell me they do it. It's mostly based on decision. Let me also mention that it is also completely more healthy than tobacco and that is legal. It doesn't make much sense.

Big J said...
Anyone is able to get a hold of pot which means the police arent doing there job. Probably because they dont really care about pot. Therefore, pot she be legal

Big J said...

JaxBby said...
I agree with your article one hundred percent. Marijuana shouldn't be illegal because it's an herb. There are pharmaceutical drugs that are LEGAL that can do much more damage to your system than weed. I also think it'd create a huge revenue if the goverment had control over it; it'd eliminate so many arrests and if it were legal the government would be able to control the intake of the drug.

DMac said...
I agree with your argument because it is true when you said it doesnt automatically cause you to do wrong in life. thats all based on the choices you decide to make. if you're smoking in a safe environment then you'll be fine. Also keeping it to a minimum would be good. Our economy definitely needs to get better. So maybe the idea of legalizing it wouldnt be so bad.

Big J said...
I agree with this article. Our government would make so much more money if we legalized it. Also, anyone can easily get a hold of pot. Therefore, the police aren't doing there job probably dont care enough about pot which is why it should be legalized.