Smoking can be More Dangerous Then You Think

I've learned that smoking it more dangerous then many people think.Smoking one cig. takes away six minouts of your life,it my not seam like alot but it is.I am vary sad to say that i know many people who are throwing away their lives to these death stixs.A seventh grader who is vary specil to me smokes and he went from a straght A student to all F's.He is now in seventh grade but he started smoking in fourth and many of his friends did the same.I can't belive why he wpuld throw away his life just for cigerits.The thing that upsets me the most is that his mom knows he smokes and doesn't do a thing about it.I talked to the seventh grader about why he started smoking and he said"I started so people know i don't care about the law" and right at that point I started to cry."why would you do this to your self and your family? You are killing yourself." and all he said was "I don't care."

bigweiner said...
lolololololololololololol nice DON'T SMOKE and learn hoe to spell

lolz1 said...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 6:52 am:

How can anyone take this seriously if you cant even spell? Smoking cigatettes dosent make you stupid.

The 6 minutes thing isnt true.

Get your statistics right.

Tim's help guidance said...
May 31, 2011 at 2:40 pm:
I hope i can make a difference

dragonfan said...
okay, you can all quit being mean, im 12 so shut up, this wasnt even mine, it was my friends and i was trying get her more confident on her writing skills, thanks alot everyone who was mean, you didnt help AT ALL

Sis94 replied...
Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:28 pm :

WELL i love what your work i am 16 and i tryed one a few time and its not cool to smoke it kills 

NickizCrazy said...
how is anyone supposed to take you seriously if you can't even spell? and smoking one cigarette will not take six minutes from your life and im pretty sure it won't make you so stupid that you go from straight A's to F's. I personally don't smoke ciggaretes, but i dont mind if others do.

SkyWolfThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 17, 2010 at 8:47 am:
i agree, smoking is really bad for you. my great aunt smokes and she had to have two lung surgurys to fix what smoking has done to her lungs

acousticalex This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That statistic is complete BS. There is no way to tell that a person loses six minutes of life from each cigarette; it's a myth that arose from the fact that every square takes about six minutes to smoke for someone who doesn't smoke uncommonly quickly and goes all the way down to the filter. Obviously this kid's grades didn't drop for the simple fact of him having nicotine in his system. If his mom doesn't care that he smokes there are clearly problems at home that are ... (more »)

OrangeAbby replied...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 11:02 pm :
100% AGREE with you. 

loganmetcalf said...
Ah man. I didn't realize smoking was such a chronological issue.

dragonfan replied...
Oct. 24, 2009 at 10:28 am :
thaks for the comment and many people don't realize how bad smoking is.

RLJoy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This article was amazing. It has such a excellent point to it to. people really should stop smoking!

dragonfan replied...
Oct. 21, 2009 at 5:54 am :
Thanks! :) I've read some of ur writings and i like urs alot 2! =)

Cat_Art101 said...
This is a good article. Although the spelling DOES leave something to be desired (but that can be fixed =]), I can tell just by reading this short article that this is something you're passionate about. I can see that your heart is in this, and I can feel the pain that comes with that. I really admire you for this article. Make sure to keep fighting for what you believe in, because I think that you could make a difference. Keep writing! :)

dragonfan replied...
Oct. 19, 2009 at 2:56 pm :
Thanks for the comment!And I'll keep trying to get smoking to stop,I've believed that smoking is bad for along time tho I am young

Cat_Art101 replied...
Oct. 23, 2009 at 2:50 pm :
Age really doesn't matter. Adults always say "Oh, you can't feel that strongly about something because you're too young." But your youth is when you have to fight the hardest to make your point heard. So keep fighting! :)

Teegyweegy said...
Oct. 15, 2009 at 6:50 am:
This article is true, smoking is bad. But I would like to revise the grammatical errors to make it a bit more understandable. All in all, a very good point you make. <3

dragonfan replied...
Oct. 15, 2009 at 2:38 pm :
ok. Thanks for the comment.Sorry if i had any bad spelling:( im still working on it.