Dear drugs and Alchohol | Teen Ink

Dear drugs and Alchohol

By Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Everything you have will someday be gone. Even if you don’t miss it now, you probably will later. So take pictures and hide them in your memories so you can recall them later after everything that is becomes everything that was. OR I know you’re hurting, even if it’s just when you’re alone and thoughts seem to rush into your head and you can’t seem to keep them from coming in. But there can be beauty in pain; Even though sometimes it’s hard to see.

Dear drugs and alcohol,

You make the most successful men your slave. You control millions of minds around the world. When their not on you they dream of you, and when they don’t have you they think of ways to steal you. You’re the reason why so many have lost loved ones. You’re a cause of cancer and major disorders. You’ve taken away peoples voices and their lungs. You’ve deteriorated people’s skin, glazed over their eyes, and robbed them of their youth. Pretended to help people through their problems, and gave false hope. You’ve foiled education and job opportunities, ruined marriages and left children to fend for themselves. You’ve caused violence, helped people fall through the cracks and lead and helped toward depression. You’ve built and helped economies, and gave people jobs. You’ve healed some but killed so many more and made billions of dollars. The world hates you but they can’t live without you.

Love,

Someone who doesn’t love you

on Apr. 11 2010 at 2:05 pm
MaliyahP. SILVER, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

There are pirate ships and steam ships but the best ship of all is friendship.

You are very talented and I thank you for writing this piece.  I totally understand your point and I applaude you that you don't love and live with drugs in your personal life. Keep writing:)

on Apr. 5 2010 at 10:38 am
GigglyAmbar SILVER, Washington, District Of Columbia
This is amazing.I feel the same way. I relate to this because I have wanted to go down the road of drugs. I know that the examples that u've pointed out are some of my future consequencs. You really touced me with this.

on Apr. 5 2010 at 12:41 am
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Yes, you are correct I am against drugs and alcohol. The ending is to show that even though many people may not like drugs/alcohol that they have a place in our society and they rake in billions of dollars that go toward things that we need/want; like rehab, hospital visits, prescribed medication, liquor stores, etc... which in tail helps our economy. So, in that way if drugs and alcohol were to disappear we would lose a lot of money and our economy would/could crash. (Ex: Google Pablo Escobar he made billions off of drugs and helped Columbia citizens by building houses among other things) Also I am acknowledging that in some instances, and in controlled amounts drugs and even alcohol can be good for you. So at the ending I was stating that I see the flip side... that even though drugs and alcohol can bring forth bad things, they can also bring good. 

TheJust ELITE said...
on Apr. 2 2010 at 10:44 am
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

I like it. But the end is a tad confusing..you're against drugs and alchohal right?

on Mar. 27 2010 at 7:40 pm
ShannonVictoria BRONZE, Dutch Haror, Alaska

"Love takes time. Don't keep asking random people to go out with you. If you wait, God will send the right person to you. But if you don't, then you may never find the one you're destend to be with." -Shannon McConnell

I too am really sorry for your loss.

on Mar. 27 2010 at 7:36 pm

Nice! i really liked it. I did. :D

autumnfox12 said...
on Mar. 25 2010 at 9:24 pm
Means well and a clever idea and piece of writing.

Good job. :3

on Mar. 19 2010 at 7:18 pm
blanking_out GOLD, Bonita Springs, Florida

Follow the leader, but not too close, just in case they fall.

Thanks for the encouragement!!

I'll let you know soon~ God Bless You!!

on Mar. 19 2010 at 12:50 pm
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Thanks I'm glad you liked it, and yeah let me know when you post it so I can read it. And I don't think that makes you sound psychotic, everybody gets their inspiration from somewhere.

on Mar. 17 2010 at 10:44 pm

man this is inspiring. i feed off my emotions to write poetry for drug addicted and emotionally disturbed friends. Wow that made me sound psychotic. anyway, i'm gonna write a poem about this, i'll let you kno wen i post it. god bless...

on Mar. 4 2010 at 2:23 pm
alexisabbott BRONZE, Littleton, Colorado

Peace. Love. Happiness.

Everyone has their opinions..... some people abuse the use of drugs and alchahol but some don't it can sometime be a way to past time. i don't like cigs but but some times people drink and pople smoke pot of a way to have fun........ that is my opinion. but good writing.

on Feb. 15 2010 at 10:52 pm
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

That's terribly depressing. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

on Feb. 15 2010 at 10:46 pm
MusicIsMyLife2013 GOLD, Westminster, Maryland

"Live life likes its your last day."

i cried reading this.smoking gave my father a condition. he left me and my mom..before i was born.it made him steal and almost kill. he died when i was in 7th grade. that was 3 years ago.i barely knew him and only saw him a few times. R.I.P

on Feb. 2 2010 at 10:14 pm
YvonneCox BRONZE, Henderson, Nevada

All the things one has forgotten scream for help in dreams.

This is a great letter. Not everyone hates the drugs though just because some cure diesease. and some make it worse. i guess its a for better or for worse type of thing.

all in all, great writing! :)

on Jan. 29 2010 at 9:02 am
Samantha16 BRONZE, Fairmount, North Dakota
Although u many think that making this work a drug free, alcohol free, and cigarrett free would help us but it could make everything worse. having drug, alochol, cigarrett addicts withdrawl could make the violance in the world worse. but that is just my opinion.

emilyj93 GOLD said...
on Jan. 22 2010 at 4:28 pm
emilyj93 GOLD, Naperville, Illinois
Wow thank you so much for writing this, I couldn't agree more. Your style is unique and intriguing. This piece has inspired me, keep writing!

sprinkshine said...
on Jan. 20 2010 at 7:42 pm
True that. I'm anti-drug. If people could control themselves, it might be a different story.

on Jan. 20 2010 at 12:46 am
A-Nony-Mouse GOLD, Elmira, Oregon

"When they come to ethnically clense me, will you speak up, will you defend me?" --Pop Will Eat Itself

I like the concept, and i agree that drugs and alcohal are to be used with caution, the way you might play with a lighter. But I'm not anti-drug, I think it shouldnt be up to one person whether or not another drinks, smokes or does drugs.

on Jan. 16 2010 at 2:41 pm
i dont get why they do drugs that just plain stupid i mean i know some people that do drugs and they are my friends but i am helping them know

on Jan. 8 2010 at 10:05 am
Well, before drugs, cigarettes and alchool existed, we got along very well. In fact, we were much more healthy. The Drug insdustry may make billions, but it's helping no one...

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare