Dear drugs and Alchohol | Teen Ink

Dear drugs and Alchohol

By Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Everything you have will someday be gone. Even if you don’t miss it now, you probably will later. So take pictures and hide them in your memories so you can recall them later after everything that is becomes everything that was. OR I know you’re hurting, even if it’s just when you’re alone and thoughts seem to rush into your head and you can’t seem to keep them from coming in. But there can be beauty in pain; Even though sometimes it’s hard to see.

Dear drugs and alcohol,

You make the most successful men your slave. You control millions of minds around the world. When their not on you they dream of you, and when they don’t have you they think of ways to steal you. You’re the reason why so many have lost loved ones. You’re a cause of cancer and major disorders. You’ve taken away peoples voices and their lungs. You’ve deteriorated people’s skin, glazed over their eyes, and robbed them of their youth. Pretended to help people through their problems, and gave false hope. You’ve foiled education and job opportunities, ruined marriages and left children to fend for themselves. You’ve caused violence, helped people fall through the cracks and lead and helped toward depression. You’ve built and helped economies, and gave people jobs. You’ve healed some but killed so many more and made billions of dollars. The world hates you but they can’t live without you.

Love,

Someone who doesn’t love you

bjmcrank GOLD said...
on Jan. 6 2011 at 7:25 am
bjmcrank GOLD, Dayton, Ohio
i agree, and i love how you wrote this, and theres so many teen picking up there parents drug habits or geting curios and trying them. most my freinds smoke. but there great people.. just just got in a addiction..

MJ5gram said...
on Jan. 3 2011 at 6:15 pm
i agree with niki go pot

on Dec. 28 2010 at 5:12 pm
xKeli826x BRONZE, Middletown, New York
1 article 1 photo 57 comments

i agree with this. my dad is an alcoholic and thats the main reason my parents got devoriced. i think things like pot should only be legal of medical purposes, like people with cancer to help them while there going through treatment. but they shouldn't be able to keep getting it after they are cured of it like some people do.

Also i know someone who used to do all sorts of drugs. she only did it because she was trying to kill herself the entire time and thank god stopped before she did. She told me about them all (which was everything you could think of besides heroin and crack) and she said most of them weren't even fun. i never did any of them myself but if thats the case there really doesnt seem to be a reason for them to be around or legal for that matter.

on Dec. 16 2010 at 12:50 pm
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

I agree, not all drugs are bad. Actually most drugs when used with the right dosage are very beneifcal. However don't always use them in that way. Also an interesting fact that artists who were on LSD and those who weren't comparied pictures and people reported that they didn't see a difference in creativity. Though I'm sure the ones that were painted on LSD were stranger. But you're right a lot fo art was created using drugs.

on Dec. 16 2010 at 12:48 pm
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

Thanks for you're awesome detail on why it's dumb and wrong so I can't agree or prove you wrong.

on Dec. 16 2010 at 12:47 pm
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado

I agree that the majority of people are idiots. However some if not most drugs lower inhibitions (which most people don't have enough control of anyways). So that's why people make stupider decisions than normal which in that case would be directly the result of the drug. And you're right drugs in controled amounts can be very benefical.  Also an interesting fact derived from a study is that when artists were on LSD and painted a picture and than comparied it to pictures that artists painted that weren't on LSD they were both seen as the same in creativity. So I guess drugs don't make your creativity any cooler, just stranger.

Talon_B BRONZE said...
on Dec. 3 2010 at 1:38 am
Talon_B BRONZE, Mcminnville, Oregon

\"Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you\'re really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I\'ve got a few missing. It\'s ok though, because I\'ve got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the 8-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation.. so when I meet someone who\'s an 8-color type.. I\'m like, hey girl, magenta! and she\'s like, oh, you mean purple! and she goes off on her purple thing, and I\'m like, no - I want magenta!\"

All the problems you are talking about with drugs arent the drugs, but the people using them. Most people that use drugs dont come out so great. Most people also watch television, and believe what they see in the news. Drugs arent the problem, the problem is simply that the majority of people are idiots.

Talon_B BRONZE said...
on Dec. 3 2010 at 1:35 am
Talon_B BRONZE, Mcminnville, Oregon

A drug is nothing more than a substance. It can do good (DMT has opened my eyes to viewing the world in an entirely different way, a incredibly spiritual point of view, and the greatest artists in the world have said the same) or can cause pain, but the drug is not to blame. People will either make wise decisions, or poor decisions. You want to know the real reason that drugs are viewed as bad? because the majority of people are idiots. 

randommane said...
on Dec. 1 2010 at 12:16 pm
.........asdfghjkl;

khodge said...
on Dec. 1 2010 at 8:43 am

drugs are illegal

on Nov. 23 2010 at 8:49 pm
SaMiLoVe97 SILVER, Okawville, Illinois

If it doesnt break your heart it isnt love, if it doesnt break your heart its not enough. Its when youre breaking down with your insides coming out.Thats when you learn what youre made of.-Switchfoot<3

i so agree with you freewriter_123. people wouldnt have the chance to ruin themselves with these thing if they werent everywhere.

skisoul96 GOLD said...
on Nov. 23 2010 at 1:20 pm
skisoul96 GOLD, Flushing, New York

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today
its already tomorrow in Australia.

sooooooooooooooooo true!

b.s....... said...
on Nov. 23 2010 at 12:57 pm
this is dumb and wrong

topothesia said...
on Nov. 23 2010 at 6:36 am
topothesia, New City, New York
not all drugs are bad, some are used for medical purposes. A lot of art was created with the use of drugs.

on Oct. 27 2010 at 11:01 am
Brenna...Yerrt BRONZE, Christiana, Pennsylvania

She is TROLLIN', Absolutely not., You crazzyy.

wow. i agree with this completely. it's like i've always felt the same way but was never able to put it into words. i have lost many friends and family to drug and acohol abuse. it is a serious problem and i hope that one day someone will do something to end it. i wish i could be the one to stop it but how is one person supposed to change millions of peoples minds about drugs? anyway i think this is brilliant:)

hrf1434 GOLD said...
on Oct. 20 2010 at 10:24 am
hrf1434 GOLD, Collierville, Tennessee

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

Amen, speak the truth

PMack33 said...
on Oct. 16 2010 at 9:43 pm
When did the world not have drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes? It even says in the bible that they all drank wine.

on Oct. 10 2010 at 7:18 pm
sleepinginthegarden BRONZE, Kingston, Massachusetts

u r da bomb

Kronik said...
on Sep. 15 2010 at 12:51 pm
well ppl you shuld all listen this ..and pay close attention of what are about to go tru when you try a drug..

on Sep. 13 2010 at 3:59 pm
freewriter_123 SILVER, Miramar, Florida

"Whoever said nothing was impossible never tried slamming a revolving door." ;)

A lot of people are saying that alcohol isnt bad and some of the worlds greast art was created becuase of it. That doesnt mean they should keep doing it. There are many other ways to create great art. And if anyone here has ever been drunk before knows what I'm saying when I say that after all that fun you have had is over you dont feel good. Depressed,guilty,maybe ashamed. Alcohol can only provide relaxation for the moment, but after you feel all those things I just said

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare