Our World Today | Teen Ink

Our World Today

November 19, 2013
By Iganay_Netsrik BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
Iganay_Netsrik BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't tell me that the sky is the limit, when I know there are footprints on the moon." -Unknown


There are many principles about how different our world was then before. Some good, others not very pleasant. The principle I’m going to be talking about is discrimination.

What exactly is discrimination? The denotation meaning is the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, esp. on the grounds of race, age, or gender. Basically means you judge someone based on a label. It’s been so much of a problem, that people aren’t getting jobs. For example, people say if you’re a blonde that means your dumb, but they’re not looking in the inside of you, it’s your air color. Me personally I still use the phrase ‘Don’t judge a book by it’s cover’, when I meet someone new I give them a chance. I judge a person based on their actions. I don’t want to get into the depth of the subject, because it’s something not everyone can handle.

What I wanted to say I fully support anti-discriminated, not out of pity, but because I’ve been judged for my religion. For those of you who believe that one person can’t make a difference, your wrong because eventually this conflict will become another history lesson.


The author's comments:
All the events on the news just make me wonder how everything will turn out.