Pride to Everyone | Teen Ink

Pride to Everyone

July 7, 2012
By Anonymous

I'm lesbian. I very strongly believe in God. I go to church every Sunday. I'm the only one in my family that goes. Yet, some people don't want me there...because I'm gay.

I have a friend who has the worst self-esteem...because she's overweight. She's beautiful, she's just a size 18. So, everyone's got something to say.

Or let's reverse it, my skinny friend is trying to gain weight because people snicker that she's anorexic.
And my church friend gets bullied because he believes in God openly.
Oh and my mom because she's a cocktail waitress, but it was the only job she could find to provide for her family in this economy. Or I won't lie I have gay friends who laugh at straight couples.

What I want to know is why is everyone hating? Because they're haters? Why don't I believe that? My 8 year old sister got upset because someone laughed at her for having frizzy hair. You know what my mom said, "Don't feel bad everyone gets picked on about something." This is true, but I want to know why. Because it builds character? More like destroys your self-esteem. Make you doubt you can trust people,doubt you can be yourself around people.

But don't feel bad for my little sister she dose the same thing to anyone else that's different from her.

You know what? I am proud of who I am. It took me a long time to get to this point especially with all the haters in this world trying to knock down what was just put up and still a house of glass, but I got there. I call myself crazy wonderful. Why? Because when the neighbors see me walking down the street they either go to the other side or hide in a bush. But I don't care and I say hi to them whether they like it or not. I have pride for my crazy self.

They have this thing called 'Gay Pride' (I did say I was gay) and what I have to say is why does it have to stop at gay pride? Have some I'm really weird pride. Or maybe I'm in the plus sizes and extra curvy pride. Wave the I've never been kissed pride flag, and march down the street with a I have a fast metabolism so call me a stick if you want to banner. Be proud of who you are and whatever you do don't try to burn down someones pride flag even if you were just accidentally playing with matches. Everyone should be proud. I'm giving Pride to Everyone.


Love,



Crazy Wonderful


The author's comments:
P.S. Random fact of self pride: My motto is 'Boom' and that happens to be the first thing I think when I do something AMAZING or something good happens to me...why?...because I'm EXPLOSIVE like...BOOM! Maybe it's lame but I love it and I told you I was CrAzY