Equal People | Teen Ink

Equal People

By mireya BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
mireya BRONZE, Los Angeles, California

Everyone is equal, even though it is not shown. As a Mexican American in this time of age can be difficult, in the way as the reputation set upon us by others.When i was having a conversation with somebody, the conversation was about what i wanted to be when i grew up,my answer was i could be whatever i want because its my decision. Well this person said to me, you cant be whatever you want, u cant be the president of the united states because they will never accept a Latino woman as their president, their leader. My answer to this person was I could be president if i wanted to because i would make that commitment, i could do anything a man could do in this position, i could even do things better in this position! Although i said all this i thought to myself, how sad it is for this country to be this far away from all the segregation of the past that we still have a part of that horrible era stuck to us.This we will always have, a part of the side we hate of ourselves.

on Mar. 20 2013 at 10:09 pm
Shaas_It_is.. BRONZE, Udupi, Other

Happiness presents itself before man with a crown of sorrow. He who accepts it must accept both.
-Swami Vivekananda

Don't be led by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Hey Mireya!!! Really beautiful writing... And i've been there too when u're discriminated on... but the secret is to move forward no matter what people say... :D

Jawny said...
on Nov. 30 2012 at 9:53 am
hi andres its me john

the bomb said...
on Nov. 30 2012 at 9:52 am
yo you the bomd and yur writting is the bomb (T_T) 69

the bomb said...
on Nov. 30 2012 at 9:50 am
yo you the bomb

on Jun. 28 2012 at 6:17 pm
swcricket98 GOLD, Williamson, Georgia

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

I like the message but it is not very well written. Next time I would focus on grammar and punctuation/capitalization.

on Dec. 4 2010 at 5:08 pm
SkyDeer PLATINUM, Mebane, North Carolina

Respect the nerds, they will be your boss someday- The Computer Guy.
The best is yet to come and baby won't it be fine- A band.
Defiant is the best word in the dictionary!

You are so right. What race you are doesn't matter.

mireya BRONZE said...
on Nov. 10 2010 at 12:06 am
mireya BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
totally mexican pride

GiSELA SILVER said...
on Nov. 24 2009 at 2:42 pm
GiSELA SILVER, Escondido, California

Life is about doing things people said you couldn't do.

Don't let those words overpower you. Be strong becasue you are mexican and be what you want to be no matter what people may say!! (: Take it from a chicana :D

mireya BRONZE said...
on Oct. 28 2009 at 6:33 pm
mireya BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
exactly u can do anything u want or be anything u want if u just apply urself never give up hope

on Oct. 12 2009 at 4:11 pm
You have a great point. I realy think that no one or nothing has the right to change what you want to be or who you are.