Skinny Girls Are Real Women Too | Teen Ink

Skinny Girls Are Real Women Too

By Unspecified SILVER, Birmingham, Alabama
Unspecified SILVER, Birmingham, Alabama

The media and its portrayal of beauty are becoming more and more worried about as an issue. So many people think that the existence anorexia gives them the right to say that being skinny isn’t healthy, to tell skinny people they should gain weight, or too trash girls with no curves. That’s not okay. Some people are just naturally skinny. Some people try to gain weight, and they just can’t. It’s not unhealthy, and it’s not their fault. The girls that choose to be skinny, that choose to work out and not eat huge 500 calorie meals all the time; that’s not unhealthy either. If you have to be heavy to be a “real women”, then does that make the thin girls imaginary? It’s definitely not okay to resort to self harm in order to look like the size 0 models on magazine covers, but it’s not okay to judge someone for who they are either. If someone is happy being skinny, then let them be skinny. If someone’s fine with being fat, then they can be that too. If you’re not happy, do something about it, but don’t ruin other people’s happiness.