Breaking Gender Barriers

Historically, men hunted while women cleaned, cooked, and raised children. Economically, men supported their families while women performed domestic work. Culturally, old films glorified males and depicted the naiveté of females. As a result, society viewed women as naturally inferior to men. However, times have changed. Trends show that more women attend college, join the workforce, and earn higher wages. Meanwhile, men do almost an equal amount of domestic work as their female counterparts. Prominent figures like Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, and Hillary Clinton prove that females are as ambitious and capable as men. Because women now have more opportunities, society is breaking gender barriers. Therefore, this generation does not heavily stress the differences between the interests of boys and girls in terms of sports, arts, and education.

FreedomIsMyVirtue said...
Sept. 25, 2011 at 4:23 am
The Beyonce song Run The World is so empowering. But I believe it doesn't really mean that men are under women. Rather, it means that women are powerful just like men. Great article though it's kinda short.