Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel

I get it, I get it probably more than anyone, that you don't have to like everyone and everyone doesn't have to, and isn't going to, like you. Some people, in fact, will dislike you. In fact, you're going to have people who so strongly dislike you that you will be able to stand up and say "I have haters."
I used to care so much of what people thought about me. Definitely too much, that it was borderline unhealthy. I was living my life for other people. Whether it be what shoes I wore, how I did my hair, what I said, or the way I walked down the hallway- I was living in fear of people judging me.
I have insecurities- everyone does. I have a birthmark on my forehead and yes, I've gotten teased, and even bullied because of it. I was hurt, really hurt, for the longest time. I had tried to hard to please other people, by giving up who I was, for them to pick on the one thing that I couldn't help.
I became confrontational about it, calling my haters out, but they were just truly, to me, heartless. Feeling no remorse, and not caring about how deeply they hurt me. This just resulted in me being more hurt than I was to start, but I've grown out of that. I am so truly blessed to count on two hands the people that love me, and accept me for who I am. I look back on how foolish I was to ever lose sight of myself, and care so much about what everyone else thought about me. Through this experience, I have embraced and learned to love who I am, and love the people who don't care about my shoes or hairstyles or my birthmark. We were all born originals, and weren't meant to die just copies.
If you have people who care so much about what you do, say, or feel to pick on you and hate you for it, let them motivate you to only show them that they are worth nothing to you and that you are who you are, and won't change for anyone.

loulou00 said...
Aug. 12, 2011 at 10:21 am
This is probably one of the most important lessons u'll ever learn in ur life!

cprev replied...
Aug. 12, 2011 at 11:24 am
i agree very much! thank you, it means a lot to me!