Sister Wives

Polygamy. Until recently a pretty uncommon topic, and certainly not a national concern. I think it needs to stay that way. Shows such as Sister Wives show us that polygamy is a perfectly natural way of life, nothing they do is wrong. They aren't murdering people, they aren't worshipping Satan, and they certainly aren't harming anyone. Polygamy is their religion, and as Americans they have a right to that. Why should they lose their jobs or be threatened with prison just for supporting their family? If this were a case where the man had a wife and a mistress there would be no problem. However, because the man chooses to actually except his family, and take care of all of them, he is suddenly a criminal? Where's the justice in that? Let me tell you, there is none.

LillyBelle131313 said...
Nov. 21, 2011 at 7:54 am
i think and believe that polygamy is wrong. not criminal but not right,mariage is a holy trust between two people.

lonelyLaviathin said...
i think loving more than one person is only human. i my self am in love with my best friend who currently has a girlfriend. he loves us both and i also love another boy. it is only human to love with all of your heart and if it's more than one person, spread the love! and ya, it may make a few people cringe but why do you? don't you love more than one person? i think the reason people have such an issue with it is because cheating is such a big problem in this society. no-one wants to think that... (more »)

EoinC said...
I'm baffled at this... I don't understand why somebody would feel the need to have more than one partner, quite aside from the fact that introducing somebody else or even marrying two people at the same time takes away somewhat from what marriage should be all about, that special connection you have with *one* person.

EoinC replied...
By this*. Ouch.

TheInnocentOne said...

I believe polygamy can be allowed if and only if both spouses consent to it and they're not being forced.

And if it has to do with religion, then it's their right as a human to practice it without any interferance from others.

I personally wouldn't practice it, but others might. To each his own.

petleavitt said...

I dont agree with poligamy but it's not affecting anyone. if the choose to live this way it's their choice. Nobody should interfere.

LIVE AND LET LIVE!

greg9381 said...
I agree. If it involves consenting adults then I don't really see the big deal.

Lola_Black said...
Love your writer's voice! Very frank and to the point. I also love how you compare to polygamy to infidelity; brilliant point, and I never would've thought of it! Personally, I actually admire polygamists. I can't seem to keep one person satisfied without there being a dozen complications. And, here we hear about someone who can satisfy the emotional needs of multiple wives! Go man, go!

GirlWhoWrote said...
Love it! Check out my work!

Libra97 said...
Wow, I love how frankly you speak to us in this, it's straight and to the point. I agree that people should not be judged for being polygamists, if that's what they believe, who am I to judge them because of it? I also love the point about the mistress versus polygamy. You're completely right.

HateKnuckle said...
I understand polygamy and I can understand its application. If one person cannot fulfill your needs alone then several may be required. I however may not apply this in my own life. I don't know if I would because I haven't been given the chance but I definitely wouldn't think any less of someone that was a polygamist.

mightierthanthesword said...
Although I don't entirely agree with your opinion, you raise a good point. In my religion, polygamy is unacceptable, but I do not resent those who choose that way of life. Your point about polygamy versus infidelity was also very though provoking. It is a valid point, and I agree that polygamy is more honorable than having a mistress. However, to me, polygamy is somewhat contreversial; would it not be better to commit 100 percent to the love of your life than to divide yourself amongst multiple ... (more »)