Religious Hatred

People say we live in a free country yet people are still hated on by others because of their religious beliefs. I think a country isn't free unless everyone can believe what they want to and not be hated on. I have heard people call people 'Jew' to be taken as an insult but I never took it as anything more than a belief. I myself have friends that are catholic and satanic and never even cared. I myself am a christian and believe that people shouldn't care about what others believe and should only be judged on who they really are. I have heard things that aren't true said about my religion but knew they weren't real. I do believe our country will never be free if people are still making fun of others because of their religion. People say that all Muslims are bad, people also used to say that all Jews were evil and should be put to death. This is evil and cruel and should be stopped or illegal. People have been killed in the right of their own religious beliefs and this is scary to think that one day, I might die in the state of my religious beliefs. In my mind, being in a country where people have been shot, murdered, and strangled in the name of their beliefs. Together, we can put an end to this discrimination and let our children live in a world when anyone can believe what they want to believe and be friends with anyone they want.

Paradise_Lost said...

I like it! I'm atheist and I don't flaunt it. Yet, somehow I'm wrong? The country needs to do something eventually!

T.R.Trevino said...
Well said.

DownToEarth replied...
thank you very much