Don't hate what you don't understand

America, the country know for it's freedom. How ironic in the fact, that we are ones that descrimites the most. Todays most favorite target for discrimation these days are homosexuals. I would like to commit that i am not gay. However, I do srongly belive and americas founding values, The FREEDOM OF CHOICE. Some people argue that it's aginst the bible or it's makes people uncomfortable. So what, it's not your life. They could be athiest for all you know, and there goes the religon argument.It all comes down to the fact that really the real issue is't their homosexualty but our descrimination of htem. Maybe we should stop looking across the fence and tend our own hedges.

Weston H. said...
I'm not disagreeing with the fact that its a choice though. I think many people would be happy with gays, but they have no right to get married in the church. They should only be married through the state by another means that is not religion based.

Weston H. said...
Well i'm a biology student and I would totally disagree with the statement that homosexuality is determined at birth. It makes zero sense. Natural selection is "TOTALLY" and completely based off of fitness. Fitness has to do completely with the ability to reproduce and "In NO CASE" would nature ever select for a man to want another man for his mate. It would only bring destruction. I would say also as for the title of this page that you shouldn't agree with somthing you don't understand neither.

TheEdgar said...
Hey i understand where your coming from! but i will say i dont suppotr this, but im not the kind of person who will automatically shun homosexuals im gd friends with one myself.

Amelia_K This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 12, 2010 at 2:04 am
I agree about the freedom part, but being LGBT is not a "choice." It's determined at birth.

dablayangel replied...
Your sexuality isn't choosen at birth, it is a choice that you maker in order to make yourself happy. There is no standing scientific proof that your sexuality is determined by your genes. It is something that you determine, by CHOICE. By your mind not genes.

Amelia_K This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
It's a scientific fact. If you don't listen to science, then that's your loss. I won't argue with people who won't listen.

vamps replied...
Perhaps it is both choice and science. perhaps the genes are programed to be able to make the choice. Most people wouldn't even consider liking the opposite gender.

silke replied...
Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:26 am
I agree with this.